Fanatec Beta Driver V346 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

2»

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Since I have upgraded to V346 I experience the following issue using Rfactor 2 and the DD1: So far, I have usually used a force feedback strength of 45 in the tuning menu and an ingame multiplicator of 1.00. I have recently changed the setting and now use 100 in the tuning menu and a 0.45 multiplicator in Rfactor 2. Since the driver update (and a firmware update for the DD1 base as well) the base now shows me up to 20nm on the DD1 base display (in line with 100% in the tuning menu). However, given that the ingame multitplicator is set to 0.45 this should rather be below <10nm. It actually feels like 10nm, so I suspect the displayed value is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this as well? Would be nice to see the correct value to further fine-tune the force feedback.
    Keep in mind 1.00 in-game could mean the signal output is clipping, 0.45 could mean the general level of FFB is lower but peaks that before would have been clipping could still reach high values. AC, ACC and iR for example do clip a lot in the default settings, in AC and ACC you can lower the FFB to 60% in-game and still reach a 100% force signal to the base. 
    Anyone still getting the freezes when cycling modes on the Formula v2? This bug has been hanging out there since v335.
    &
    just wish you would call the file something easy like beta346  :-)

hope it fixes the very annoying "freezing"when youackowledge the message at startup...basically about 1 in 3 times you have to hit the emergency stop and reboot as the message on the lcd is just like ice.....frozen stiff
    We are making some progress regarding the freezing, we think it was related to the Formula V2 causing that the Torque Unlock Message was displayed twice instead of once when booting. This seems to be solved for the next upcoming firmware and might affect the freeze as well. 
  • Anyone still getting the freezes when cycling modes on the Formula v2? This bug has been hanging out there since v335.
    &
    just wish you would call the file something easy like beta346  :-)

hope it fixes the very annoying "freezing"when youackowledge the message at startup...basically about 1 in 3 times you have to hit the emergency stop and reboot as the message on the lcd is just like ice.....frozen stiff
    We are making some progress regarding the freezing, we think it was related to the Formula V2 causing that the Torque Unlock Message was displayed twice instead of once when booting. This seems to be solved for the next upcoming firmware and might affect the freeze as well. 
    Hi! I honestly can't remember the last time my DD2 froze... And I only use the V2, but honestly don't remember the last time...
  • I have a stupid question, please do not directly condemn evil. I would like to try the engine FW 20. But I do not understand how that works. In the beta driver is always the FW 22 included. Is there a tutorial on how to install the FW 20 file?
  • I have a stupid question, please do not directly condemn evil. I would like to try the engine FW 20. But I do not understand how that works. In the beta driver is always the FW 22 included. Is there a tutorial on how to install the FW 20 file?
    The engine firmware is up in thread as a .zip file. Simply flash the engine firmware and select the V20 from the zip and flash
    To all having the notchy issue very often and consistently, please let me know. 
    Write me a message how often is how quickly it happens, with which firmware and what device you have. 
  • edited September 2019
    So I downloaded the engine firmware, there are the 18, 20 and 22 included. Version 18 is included in the published driver 328. That is responsible for the coilwine.
    So there is now only a hex file in it and I do not understand how I can select the firmware. Is there a "Browse" button in the Flash software to select the file? I'm really sorry that I ask so stupid.
    @ Marcel Fister
    You write that all are affected, including the version 18?
    Can you explain to me what is meant by "notchy"? Does the steering wheel then run completely round? Or does that somehow feel edgy when turning, or as if it would always hang short?
    I noticed when in ACC while driving the game pause and then turn on the steering wheel, I realize that it runs a bit edgy without load. In the game I notice but little of it.

Hardware 
    Wheelbase 2.5 FW 662 Motor V22
    Porsche 918 RS Wheel
    So I downloaded the engine firmware, there are the 18, 20 and 22 included. Version 18 is included in the published driver 328. That is responsible for the coilwine.
    So there is now only a hex file in it and I do not understand how I can select the firmware. Is there a "Browse" button in the Flash software to select the file? I'm really sorry that I ask so stupid.
    @ Marcel Fister
    You write that all are affected, including the version 18?
    Can you explain to me what is meant by "notchy"? Does the steering wheel then run completely round? Or does that somehow feel edgy when turning, or as if it would always hang short?
    I noticed when in ACC while driving the game pause and then turn on the steering wheel, I realize that it runs a bit edgy without load. In the game I notice but little of it.

Hardware 
    Wheelbase 2.5 FW 662 Motor V22
    Porsche 918 RS Wheel
    Notchy means that for some people the wheel doesn't feel smooth, feels like ripples. 

To install:
    Open driver - Go to update tab - select motor firmware update - click yes if asked - click connect - choose the file you want (extract the zip first) - click flash 
This discussion has been closed.