Podium constant vibration

Hi All,

Recently got my replacement Podium after a fault with the first one, now the wheel is in a state of constant low vibration, I've updated to the latest BETA firmware and turned the vibration off but even idle with no game running the wheel continues to vibrate, anyone got any ideas toward a solution?

Comments

• With latest beta you mean 347? Please read the known issues and the first sentence of that thread. As a DD owner you might want to skip that driver because users reporting bad FFB noise and vibrations (which seems to be the Anti-Cogging filtering btw, not the vibration motors of the steering wheel). In the title of the thread the DD is also explicitly not listed. Try go back to driver 346 and the included firmwares, that will give you less vibrations because of a different motor firmware and different Anti-Cogging.
  • Marc WhitfordMarc Whitford Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm on driver 346 with firmwares to match, as soon as I turn the base on the wheel begins to vibrate, once I remove the wheel it stops so it's not a base issue.
    With latest beta you mean 347? Please read the known issues and the first sentence of that thread. As a DD owner you might want to skip that driver because users reporting bad FFB noise and vibrations (which seems to be the Anti-Cogging filtering btw, not the vibration motors of the steering wheel). In the title of the thread the DD is also explicitly not listed. Try go back to driver 346 and the included firmwares, that will give you less vibrations because of a different motor firmware and different Anti-Cogging.

• I'm on driver 346 with firmwares to match, as soon as I turn the base on the wheel begins to vibrate, once I remove the wheel it stops so it's not a base issue.
    With latest beta you mean 347? Please read the known issues and the first sentence of that thread. As a DD owner you might want to skip that driver because users reporting bad FFB noise and vibrations (which seems to be the Anti-Cogging filtering btw, not the vibration motors of the steering wheel). In the title of the thread the DD is also explicitly not listed. Try go back to driver 346 and the included firmwares, that will give you less vibrations because of a different motor firmware and different Anti-Cogging.

Still a base "issue" because FFB stops when no Rim is attached and therefore also the Anti-Cogging stops to work when no Rim is attached. If you are already on 346 and did run the motor calibration then that's a normal behavior of the base.
  • I'm on driver 346 with firmwares to match, as soon as I turn the base on the wheel begins to vibrate, once I remove the wheel it stops so it's not a base issue.

Still a base "issue" because FFB stops when no Rim is attached and therefore also the Anti-Cogging stops to work when no Rim is attached. If you are already on 346 and did run the motor calibration then that's a normal behavior of the base.
    It's not normal though, the previous podium I had didn't vibrate at all on idle, and it's definitely the wheel vibrating and not the base, it's as if the Vibration mode for the brake pedal is constantly on even though I've got it turned off, it's not FFB related, it's vibration motor in the wheel related 
  • Still sounds exactly like the Anti-Cogging algorithms which you feel through and in the wheel. Of course the Base isn't vibrating, but the source is coming from the Base and in the end you feel it in the steering wheel. But, if you still think it's an issue, contact the support.
  • Still sounds exactly like the Anti-Cogging algorithms which you feel through and in the wheel. Of course the Base isn't vibrating, but the source is coming from the Base and in the end you feel it in the steering wheel. But, if you still think it's an issue, contact the support.
    Is there a way to roll back to the very first firmware the wheel had?
  • edited October 2019
    I think I've experienced a similar issue with my DD1 and BMW GT2 rim attached. I ended up turning the wheel vibration motor settings (SHO) to zero. It's definitely the vibration motors in the wheel, not the base vibrating. I did try v347 driver's but reverted to v346. Running FanaLab 1.12 beta.
  • I think I've experienced a similar issue with my DD1 and BMW GT2 rim attached. I ended up turning the wheel vibration motor settings (FOR) to zero. It's definitely the vibration motors in the wheel, not the base vibrating.
    FOR is not the Setting for the wheel vibration motors, that would be Shock. Vibration stops in your case because with FOR set to. 0 you practically disable the FFB completely...
  • Sorry yes edited my post. It was SHO.
  • I've turned Vibration to Zero and still nothing, when I go to update Firmware on the wheel it doubles intensity, but after a few laps in R3E it wen't very low, barely noticeable, but after a few laps in iRacing it wen't back up to an uncomfortable level of vibration
  • I've just started to see this myself maybe a day ago. The podium itself isn't vibrating but it's coming from the steering wheel. If you disconnect the Formula Rim the vibration stops. 
  • I've just started to see this myself maybe a day ago. The podium itself isn't vibrating but it's coming from the steering wheel. If you disconnect the Formula Rim the vibration stops. 
    Yes that's what I'm getting, I'm currently waiting on a new rim from Fanatec
    Yes that's what I'm getting, I'm currently waiting on a new rim from Fanatec
    Ah that sucks, I'd rather not go that route since I have the upgraded paddles on mine and I don't want to take it all apart. I'm going to try waiting for a firmware update and see what happens since the vibration doesn't affect anything else. 
  • I know this thread is starting to age. But I'm curious if the new rim fixed the issue or if the problem evolved into a faulty base. 
  • I know this thread is starting to age. But I'm curious if the new rim fixed the issue or if the problem evolved into a faulty base. 
    New rim solved the problem
  • Sweet, how long did the warranty process take? I'm going to have to send my rim in too. 
  • Got my Formula V2 July now August 2020 just over a month and have the same problem. Did the firmware update solve the problem, mind you I have the latest firmware. Looks it will have to go back. Did you take the paddles off??