GT3 RS wheel centering problem

Hi all,

I have a GT3 RS wheel and V1 CS pedals. For a long time the GT3 RS does not centre correctly on PC start-up. It rotates fully clockwise, and then only 90degrees anti clockwise. Most of the time cycling the power makes it back to the centre point, but it is no longer doing this. I have tried to reinstall the drivers multiple times and recalibrate multiple times but it does not work.

Can anyone help me? I fear I may need to buy a new wheel :(

Thanks
Colin

Comments

• In my experience as long as the wheel center is Calibrated (reads zero in Wheel Property Page when straight), it doesn’t really matter where the wheel settles during its startup calibration sequence. If you’re losing center over time (Wheel reads zero when it should right after a calibration but changes over time) you might check the Allen bolts in the black ‘collar’ bracket nearest the motor box. These can come loose over time, but I’d imagine you would notice this in game as well. Mine started ‘clicking’ as this collar became slightly loose under strong changes in ffb direction. Realigned that collar (collar gaps should be where shaft gaps are) and retightened the bolts and it stopped. FYI the collar should be about 2mm from the end of the steel shaft, with the brass shaft pushed as far in as it will go. See Barry’s DD2 review on Sim Racing Garage for step by step disassembly and assembly.