Just updated my V2.5 now it wont show up, the display says RRR and the shift light is flashing

Comments

• Please give more details:
    - which driver & firmware versions
    - what rim is attached to the wheel base
    - what Windows version
    - did you get any errors while updating the firmware

Furthermore, if you remove the rim and start the wheel base, does it show up in Windows?

- what Windows version

Furthermore, if you remove the rim and start the wheel base, does it show up in Windows?
    What ever the latest driver and firmware versions are.

CSL P1 wheel.

Windows 10 Pro version 1809.

Nope, didn't get any errors at all. Flashed as normal and asked to calibrate which I can't seem to do. 

Just turned it off and back on without the wheel connected and the wheel base can come up.
  • edited October 2019

Please give more details:
    - what Windows version

CSL P1 wheel.

Nope, didn't get any errors at all. Flashed as normal and asked to calibrate which I can't seem to do. 

Just turned it off and back on without the wheel connected and the wheel base can come up.
    "What ever the latest driver and firmware versions are" is absolutely NOT helpful at all. This can mean the latest driver you can find on the site of your base, or your steering wheel, or your pedals, or or or. This could also mean latest REALLY AVAILABLE Beta driver. Honestly, this sentence can mean aynthing. When reporting a problem, always specify which driver and firmware exactly you are using.

Regarding the issue of the CSW no longer showing in Windows I guess is pretty simple: After a firmware update with a Xbox xompatible steering wheel attached the Wheel Base ALWAYS powers in Xbox Mode (green START button LEDs) and cant be detected by Windows in this Mode. You need to switch to PC mode (red START Button LEDs) to get it recognized in Windows. The Base will remember the last mode you put it in so this is a one-time-only mode change you have to do. 

- what Windows version

CSL P1 wheel.

"What ever the latest driver and firmware versions are" is absolutely NOT helpful at all. This can mean the latest driver you can find on the site of your base, or your steering wheel, or your pedals, or or or. This could also mean latest REALLY AVAILABLE Beta driver. Honestly, this sentence can mean aynthing. When reporting a problem, always specify which driver and firmware exactly you are using.

Regarding the issue of the CSW no longer showing in Windows I guess is pretty simple: After a firmware update with a Xbox xompatible steering wheel attached the Wheel Base ALWAYS powers in Xbox Mode (green START button LEDs) and cant be detected by Windows in this Mode. You need to switch to PC mode (red START Button LEDs) to get it recognized in Windows. The Base will remember the last mode you put it in so this is a one-time-only mode change you have to do. 
    I literally couldn't tell you because I can't see my wheel base in the Fanatec program.. 

Anyways..

I couldn't switch from any mode at all.

I took the wheel off, powered on the wheel base and put it into update mode. Flashed it again and its worked (shows in windows etc).

However my problem now is the display on the P1's wheel is glitching out, I can't centre the wheel, go into any of the settings on the wheel itself. 
  • Here's a short video of the flickering display..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pee8715wj5ktgcb/IMG_8695.MOV?dl=0
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Whats the driver version you've downloaded before this happened?
  • edited October 2019
    I literally couldn't tell you because I can't see my wheel base in the Fanatec program.. 

Anyways..

I couldn't switch from any mode at all.

I took the wheel off, powered on the wheel base and put it into update mode. Flashed it again and its worked (shows in windows etc).

However my problem now is the display on the P1's wheel is glitching out, I can't centre the wheel, go into any of the settings on the wheel itself. 
    The driver version you can always see in the Windows/Installed Programs list.

Anyway, you can see it now in the Fanatec Wheel Properties window since the wheel base is recognized again, so please tell us what driver and firmware versions you have currently installed.