DD1 + Clubsport F1 eSport wheel delivered next-day!

So, I was ready to upgrade my T500RS to a direct drive wheel. After quite some time researching, the DD1 was my best/ only option.

When reading all the horror stories on this forum I was in doubt and thinking to reconsider my option, but decided to bite the bullet yesterday morning. Got a confirmation right away, not much later; status in process and guess what, it has been delivered an hour ago!

So it seems Fanatec got (some) of their logistics and production together again. Just wanted to let anyone with the same doubt I had know, it's not always that bad.

I waited for the pre-order date to expire and after it showed ready to ship. I immediately ordered and it all went smoothly.

I live in The Netherlands, neighboring Germany where Fanatec ships from in EU

Comments

• Congratulations on your new setup.

Those of us who pre-ordered don't seem to have been quite so lucky as we're still waiting to hear when/if we'll receive the products we paid for in advance, in a number of cases several weeks ago. I'm happy to hear that you're already enjoying what will be a significant step up in fidelity and realism, but so very disappointed to learn that on-the-day orders have been prioritised over pre-orders.

• Excellent luck for you and well done. As far as logistics go though, they haven't got a clue....

• guess I'm really lucky. Seems they prioritize on-the-day orders, indeed. I see the DD1 is now back on pre-order again without a date...

Happy I picked the right time to order, sorry for you guys.

Hope I don't need support

• Well, I am really tempted to go all in on this one. I've pre-ordered it 4 weeks ago, but like I said, I'll remain calm and shut up.

Veel plezier ermee.

• Make sure to check if you on USA or EU site because info is different on both. I ordered Clubsport V3 pedals yesterday and they shipped today from California going to Nevada.

• It appears to me right now that the issue is in fact that they do not update the client cookies on the browser.

What does this mean? I logged in the other day to see where things were at with respect to the availability of stock - thinking of maybe trying again for the 3rd time to purchase.

I purchased ONLY items that were in stock and listed as available. I ordered and checked out each item individually. Everything looked fine.

I decided to check today to see if the stock status was the same - and it was not. Its now showing 'Sold Out' for some of the items I had purchased, which showed as 'Available' yesterday. This clearly means that they are NOT updating client cookies.

Therefore - I would suggest that folks either clear their cache before looking for what's available, or using a separate browser just for the fanatec site. This would seem to align with the 'new website' and is leading to all sorts of confusion. I doubt they are even aware of it.