Fanatec Ships to USPS?

figured since there was no scans on Tracking #'s witch will have been a week since they were sent to me as of tomorrow. I called USPS today to see if they were even asked to be picked up. the gentlemen on the phone told me that USPS has not received the shipment from Fanatec yet.. so does Fanatec get USPS to pick them up or ship to them? I'm more confused more now then ever please can someone from fanatec please give me some clarification on my order?

Comments

• There's no way that they'd ship USPS, if anything UPS would ship it SurePost where UPS picks up and delivers it to USPS for USPS to deliver it to the final distance.

• I live in Canada so they ship with USPS. Just find it weird that it would take almost a week for them to pick up the packages

• ....I find it weird that USPS ships to Canada.

• I find it annoying Fanatec uses USPS to ship to Canada, I would have paid more for FedEx or UPS or even a heard of turtles, to minimize handling and way easier tracking.

When shipped by USPS once the package arrives in Canada and is cleared by Canada Customs, Canada post delivers the package.

It is the same process as when you mail a letter, packages are "mailed" around the world every day.

The current problem is the lack of passenger air travel which is how many postal services ship packages by placing cargo in available space on daily flights. The competition for that space is way up due to less flights so postal packages are taking much longer to leave the US.

I have two packages still sitting at the LA postal facility that have been scanned as shipped but have not departed for 23 days now. One of my packages (#3) departed LA Tuesday, went through Detroit yesterday, and made it to Toronto this morning. Although it says in transit to destination I have a feeling that will be customs and then released to Canada Post for delivery.

So if i am "lucky" I will be able to hold a wheel in my hand by the holiday weekend and pretend to race while watching someone else on youtube, or maybe I can accelerate and brake while waving my hands back and forth, or mount the base and watch the LED lights come when the power button is pressed. I am so excited. not.

To help Dan get some visibility into his future I have included my tracking history from USPS below to give an idea of what to expect. Canada Post tracking is still at June 2 update.

June 25, 2020, 4:46 am

Departed

TORONTO, CANADA

Your item departed a transfer airport in PEARSON INTERNATIONAL, TORONTO, CANADA on June 25, 2020 at 4:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 24, 2020, 8:19 pm

Departed

DETROIT, UNITED STATES

June 23, 2020, 12:21 pm

Departed

LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

June 23, 2020, 8:31 am

Arrived

LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

June 2, 2020, 1:58 pm

Processed Through Regional Facility

LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 2, 2020, 1:57 pm

Arrived at Regional Facility

LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 1, 2020, 9:14 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

LA MIRADA, CA 90638 

• I have yet to receive any correspondence from FedEx. I received word that my order was processed last Tuesday and I would receive tracking info within the next day or two. I have no idea who is currently in possession of my $1600 purchase or where it is.

• I does depend on your location. My comments are based on a Canadian order, Dan is also in Canada. Are you in Canada?

The only shipping choice I have to Canada or my order page is USPS, if I use my sisters address in San Diego I get the same options you show.

FedEx is way smoother and as I said I would have paid more if I had the choice. But there does not seem to be a choice.

• Jeff,

I completely agree! I would have no issues paying more for either fedEx or UPS so much more organized! Great news all 3 of my packages have been received by USPS in LA! I know I’ve still got a long way to go now but I’m just happy to know they actually did ship.

little tip if you find it’s stuck in customs right now. My wife ordered somthing from the US and it was held up at customs. Call customs to ask about it. Pay what ever duty is over the phone and they will push it though in an hour !

• @Jeff Cumin,

Why don't you use Cross Boarder Pickups (or similar service) instead of shipping direct to Canada? You ship to their US address in Niagara Falls NY. Shipping costs charged by Fanatec are way less.

• Plus it is shipped out by FedEx..

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited June 2020

Fanatec have a shipping partner located in California which dispatches the items. When shipping to Canada ( Yes I live in Canada :) USPS handles the package until it gets into CBSA.

From there it is out of anyones hands until Customs processes the shipment, which currently can take anywhere up to two weeks based on the port of entry (Vancouver is the longest). Canada Post then takes over and process through their system.

10 Days under normal circumstances is the average. With the current situation can be double.

p.s Cross Border is not an option at this point with the Canada/US border shut for non essential travel. This is what I typically like to use

[Moderator]

• I ordered Sunday night and received an email early Monday that my order was being processed in the warehouse. If I check my orders it says “order has been processed” but I have not received any other emails from Fanatec or any shipping carrier (would be USPS because I live in Canada). Is my order just awaiting pickup or has it been shipped? I ordered a DD1 which at the time said it was available for immediate shipment. Thanks!

• For my last 3 shipments, after they switched to "has been processed" waited 2-3 days before receiving a tracking #, then they sat for about 4 days before being picked up by USPS. All 3 took 5 days to travel from LA to Toronto. Now the fun part, CP is so overloaded that i have 1 of the package that has been sitting in Toronto processed for the last 10 days. 1 package arrived in Montreal Monday and expected delivery was today, doesnt look like its making it here today (still no "out for delivery"). And 1 of them was received on Monday. As for customs, all 3 cleared within a day.

• @Joseph Gossen,

Cross boarder pickups is operating as they are an essential service.

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/update-us-inbound-operations/

• I kinda regret not just biting the bullet and ordering from sim1. A part of me wishes I could just cancel it but by the time they respond it will likely be sent. Oh well I just need to be patient! It is replacing a csw2.5 so it is literally one of the most first world problems ever.

• I ordered May 29th

got tracking numbers June 1st

2 packages have been sitting in LA postal facility for 23 days

1 package departed LA postal facility June 23rd and is in Toronto as of June 25th.

Still have to clear Customs and then delivery by Canada Post

So I am currently at 25 days from receipt of tracking number from Claudia Sysak @ Suddath Global Logistics

And many days from the front porch still to go I am afraid.

• If you can cancel and pick up at Sim1, I would recommend that due to the shipping logistics between LA and TO.

I am not an expert on cancelling but from what I have read here if you have a cancel button still available on your order page you are a click away from a refund a couple of days later.

• Unfortunately can’t at this point because it is saying “order has been processed.” I noticed sim1 now has the option of paying by etransfer which takes off the bs 3% processing fee he has been charging. I am currently at $1885 without duty and sim1 shipped (Alberta) is 2200 after shipping. I am probably going to come out slightly ahead but having to wait a month or more sure is going to suck.

• This exactly describes my experience. Ordered Sunday. Email Monday from Fanatec saying order has been processed, is ready to ship and a tracking number would be sent within 24 hours. I'm thinking wow this is great! 9 days later and I haven't received any email or reply from them. I have no idea what's going on and since I haven't received a tracking number I only only assume it's still at their warehouse. Imagine if this happened with Amazon, Ebay or any other major seller? I've heard Fanatec quickly changes the status to 'processed' asap to avoid people cancelling their orders. I'm beginning to see why. :/

• Jeff PlumleyJeff Plumley Member
    edited July 2020

Update to above post.

July 19th, order placed

July 20th, 8 hours later, email stating order processed, ready to ship and tracking numbers to follow (unable to cancel order at this point, great strategy Fanatec!)

July 20th- July 28th, still waiting for tracking numbers, several emails sent to Fanatec

July 24th, once I get the tracking numbers on July 29th, shows item shipping labels have been created and USPS are still awaiting items

July 29th, after several email asking for tracking numbers, I get a response from Fanatec with the tracking numbers

July 29th, tracking status still no further updates since July 24th and is still showing as 'item shipping labels created, USPS are still awaiting items' (no items received, no item location etc)

What the? 😒

• Hey guys. I was unlucky after ordering from Sim1 I had faulty units. Both the steering wheel and base. Anyways got an RMA done July 8th and on Aug 3rd Webshop sent me both items. Aug 11th i received the base. The steering wheel apparently was shipped first class instead of priority since it’s less than 4 pounds and it’s saying “in transit” for 8 days now :s i called usps and they can’t track it. I hope it’s not lost and that it won’t take months to arrive to Toronto :(

• Update:

Items were last scanned July 30th and USPS has no idea where they are. It is now August 24th.

Fanatec is vastly over-charging their customers for shipping costs and yet they continue to use USPS, fully aware of the major issues going on at the post office. Fanatec can easily use 3 day priority air with UPS or Fed Ex but would rather pocket the savings at our expense and don't even care that the stuff we paid for arrives 6 to 10+ weeks later.

• Alexia InkaAlexia Inka Member
    edited May 2022

I had a similar situation and I can say with confidence that you cannot worry about the safety of your parcel. If time delays are inconvenient for you, then you should have taken this moment into account, knowing that you are ordering something on the Internet and any overlays may occur. Personally, when I order any delivery, I track it using https://www.sendungsverfolgungpost.de/de/. This is a great opportunity not to worry and be aware of when your order will arrive approximately. Cool feature!