Still issues with the McLaren wheel on CSL Elite Ps4 pro

I stopped reading through hundreds of beta driver posts. I am on PS4. I use a PC win 8.1 to update drivers. My CSL Elite Ps4 is on driver 328, Fw630, MotorFw 22. I bought the McLaren second hand and it had Fw30 on it. The McLaren came with the Quick Release.

Problem: start the base with wheel attached, the rim freezes. Oled display shows random little dots. Workaround: start base without wheel. After calibration you can attach the wheel and it doesn’t freeze up.

I upgraded the base to driver 340. Still the wheel freezes upon start.

I downgraded to driver 311 for the base AND the wheel. Base Fw476, wheel Fw25. Than I upgraded the base back to driver 328. Now I can start the base with the wheel attached to it without the McLaren freezing up.

Why does this happen? Is it a firmware issue with the McLaren? Or a faulty ROM in the McLaren Wheel? Is there a combination of base firmware and wheel firmware - besides my combo - that works ...?

Comments

• No one any ideas?

Is it a problem with the CSL Elite base? I also have a CSW V2 base that I can use to update the McLaren wheel if that will help. Will there be an update for the version 30 firmware?

A short reaction would be highly appreciated.

• I have the same Setup CSL Elite PS4 + MClaren gt3 Wheel ,on the newes Beta driver whith the newest firwareupdate, i have no issues.

• Newest being driver 365?

• I updated to driver 365 and the firmware for the McLaren Rim is now FW31. This was not mentioned in the beta driver post so I did not bother to try. Update went smooth. Hooking it up to the PS4 Pro now and lets see how that goes ;-)

Thanks.

• So, now have good times to drive/race.

• edited June 2020

;-)

The only issue I have now is when the base is turned off for a while, the rim is not activated. I have to restart in PC mode and after restart return to PS4 mode. I also have to get used to the new BLI mode... and the brake force is changed: 0 is now strong force. 100 almost no force.

But yeah... let the fun begin.

• I did not have such a issue,i only have to reconnect the wheel/base with the PS4 ,with the Xbox button.

And you have right the Brakeforce adjustment is a bug.

• Hello guys i dont suppose use can help me. Have got a csl elite PS4 base, and recently purchased the fanatec rim. the Rim is turning on etc and one of the rotarys is showing data on the screen so wheel seems to be working. Game controllers is not showing the wheel at all, ive ran driver 365, 311 etc but still nothing. wont even show me the wheel so i can updates its firmware

• edited July 2020

See if all of your pins are straight and not broken.When you turn on the base with the wheel atached,does the F logo apear on the display and the firmware version number?

• How you can have driver 311 beta and FW 672?

Are you sure you have done correctly the Driver installation?