Podium button module not working

The LED screen lights up but none of the buttons are registering. I've spent four hours installing and uninstalling drivers.

No idea what to do next, and I've learned that it's pointless trying to communicate with Fanatec to get help on ANYTHING.

If anybody has any troubleshooting steps I can take, I'm all ears. Sure would like to use the $2,000 worth of hardware I've purchased.

Comments

• Which wheel base?

• Shocking. You'd think that guide would be given to me when I opened the box.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

This company is the worst.

• edited July 2020

Of course it's the fault of the company, lol :D

• Including this information with the product is not an unreasonable expectation. lol ;-)

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Gabriel, the information about using the Podium Button Module Endurance is provided inthe Downloads section of the Podium Button Module Endurance product page, as well as the Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel product pages.

Due to the complex nature of this particular product, the installation process is currently not as streamlined as we would like, but we are improving our software and it will get better.

Thanks for your feedback.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Not as streamlined as you would like? Dude, your public facing support for hardware and software after the point of sale is atrocious. Your shipping system is awful. The search function on your website is terrible.

I've been in the flightsim world for 15 years and there isn't a single hardware or software company that is assembled and performs like yours. And it looks like these problems have been going back for years. You guys are literally the poster child for an international company doing absolutely everything wrong with the exception of the product. Yes, the product is good. Everything else: just embarrassingly bad. I'm just shocked.

• Okay this guide seemed to work, but I am getting a flashing CAL on the displays...

• edited July 2020

For that you have to look into the Quick Guide which came with your wheel (or have a look at page 28 and 35 in the Wheel Base Manual) - and this one is pretty straight forward what it means and how to "fix" and the solution is in fact given to you by the company.

• The online manual says refer to the quick guide, and the quick guide does not show anyting about manual centring or calibration.

Again. Terrible.

• edited July 2020

Really.... Come On, dont be stupid now.

Manual says on page 28:

After firmware update the centre position of the Podium Wheel Base DD1 has to be manually calibrated again. This is also indicated by the OLED display of the steering wheel showing ‘CAL’. This message will disappear after manual calibration of the wheel centre. See chapter ‘Hotkeys’ ‘Wheel centre calibration’ for more details.

Then Page 35 explains how to do it:

7.1.3 Wheel centre calibration If a centre calibration is needed (e.g. after updating the firmware of the Podium Wheel Base DD1) first you need to enter the Tuning Menu as described above. When you use the ClubSport Steering Wheel V2 you must press both sticks at the same time. Please see corresponding quick guide of the Fanatec® steering wheel you use with the Podium Wheel Base DD1. ATTENTION: When initialisation and auto calibration of the Podium Wheel Base DD1 is in progress never touch the attached steering wheel in order to avoid injuries or incorrect calibration!

Then in the Quick Guide of the BME it explains you which button combo to press to do the center calibration:

If a centre calibration is needed (e.g. after firmware update of the wheel base) when using the button module you need to press the tuning button as highlighted on the picture below to enter the Tuning Menu. When Tuning Menu is active press the analogue stick and the FunkySwitchTM simultaneously to calibrate the wheel centre. -> Picture with the buttons is also shown.

So, its ALL there.

• edited July 2020

Which manual you are looking?

CENTER CALIBRATION If a center calibration is needed (e.g. after firmware update of the wheel base) when using the button module you need to press the tuning button as highlighted on the picture below to enter the Tuning Menu. When Tuning Menu is active press the analogue stick and the FunkySwitchTM simultaneously to calibrate the wheel center

And has a pic underneath the description showing what is what.

Or you can access it from the PC and manual calibrate from there.

• Okay I was looking at the wheelbase quick guided, my mistake. I followed the instructions and nothing's happening.

It flashes reset tuning parameters and now I've got CAL flashing on the wheel screen

• Then you did it wrong...

Press Tuning Menu Button once and release it, then you are in the tuning menu. Then press the left joystick and the right Dpad at the same time, then your center is calibrated.

Alternatively you can open the driver, go to settings, click on the center calibration button there

• Got it.