My First Setup

Hello Everyone. It's my first time buying Fanatec products.

I need help. I'm about to buy:

• ClubSport Wheel Base v2.5
  • ClubSport SteeringWheel R300 ou The Formula V2 ? Any advice...
  • Clubsport pedals V3
  • ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5
  • Clubsport Table Clamp
  • Clubsport Table shifter Clamp

Am i missing Something else ? Or advices ?

Thank You. Have a nice day everyone.

Comments

• Hi Paulo, I can't comment too much on all those Fanatec products, but based on my experience with other sim racing kit I'd say that'll give you a good general setup.

It depends what type of racing you like doing. The Formula V2 would be good for F1 or GT racing, but the R300 would be better for sports cars, classics and general purpose.

If you're going to do F1 or GT racing and want to save some money you don't need the shifter because you'll just be using the paddles all the time. But if you'd like a general setup then get the shifter and R300. There's no point in getting just the Formula V2 and shifter together.

If you're going to do rallying you might also like the handbrake (or you can use the paddles as a handbrake, but you might lose contact when steering). In this case definitely don't get the Formula V2, you'll need a round wheel, something like the Clubsport Steering Wheel Round 1 or Clubsport Steering Wheel Classic 2.

Hope that helps.

• Hey, Craig,

Thank you for your answer. The use would be mainly for Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and soon iRacing.

I must admit that I play a lot with simulation like Euro Truck and American Truck, that's why I thought about buying the R300 and the shifter. I don't see myself using Formula V2 for Euro Truck or American Truck.

Thank you very much for your help, I think I have made my choice.

I will wait for more topic answers for others advices.

See you soon.

• For ATS/ETS, you might want a wheel with joysticks on it, currently the BMW, Porche and F1 wheels all have this.

The other wheel that has (1) stick is the included wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Base.

The reason for this is that you often need to look around you in ATS/ETS and that little stick can be handy for that.