[Fanatec] Question about my order - 1088898

Dear Fanatec

I've been patiently waiting for my order since 26th May, and haven't received an update regarding status.

The order/invoice system says that my pre-order availability date was 25th June, however, this time has elapsed, and still no update on progress etc.

I reached out to Fanatec about 10 days ago, but no acknowledgement/response as yet.

It seems that all the items I ordered are in stock on your website, so

not sure what the delay is?

Appreciate that things are still difficult, and I'm trying to remain patient, but please can someone give me an update on my order?

Many Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Probably they are going to tell you they are working on it and for one or another magic reason they can't find your email in their system (i have send them an email also, no confirmation email they received it nor a response).

I read on the forums that they have issues with bundles and they are working on it with highest priority (for what it's worth... seems like this is going on for months now and little to none progress on things getting better).

So probably they are fixing the whole backorder cluster** now and somewhere else down the line it's going wrong. I'm curious how my order is going also but it seems there are 2 options at the moment... 1) wait and see if something will happen 2) cancel the order and find a hobby that doesn't require pre-ordering hardware ;)

• Yeah, I hear you mate. I'm trying to be patient, to wait and see if something will happen.

I've been happy(ish) to wait until the 25th June pre-order, but now that is in the past, just an update to know 'when' they are likely to send would suffice. i.e. is it a week? a month?

Is there any other way of contacting fanatec apart from filling in the contact form?

• edited July 2020

You could call them but opening hours are quite limited if i'm correct.

I also believe Dominic Brennan is the community manager around here (https://forum.fanatec.com/profile/Dominic%20Brennan), maybe he could help but i think he also has an long list of messages regarding to orders to reply on. But if he replies let me know, i'm curious when to expect my order also 😂

• Thanks mate, will reach out to Dominic, and try and call them later, fingers crossed!

• Hi, I think I have had a similar order as the dates match mine almost exactly.

I have had no update either, I was happy to wait the month but am now in the dark as to what's happening. I have emailed but am not expecting much there!

• Yep, it seems there are loads of us in the same boat unfortunately.

It annoys me, not because it's late (I'm sure they are trying to deal with a massive backlog of stuff) but when they publish on the website that everything is now in stock...yet it clearly isn't! and pre-order dates being missed with no explanation.

Basically, they are duping people in to make new purchases (false promises), when older olders have not yet been fulfilled.

Communication has been woeful

• They should have disabled any order a long time ago, so no new orders can be placed until they resolve all the backlog orders in my opinion. But they chose money over customer satisfaction I guess.

• I'm assuming the website is having problems, cos they are still showing these items as available.

I get the fact they are running a business, and they want new customers bla bla, but I don't think it's right to say "these products are available" if they aren't. It is insulting to people who are still waiting for their items, and you are lying to your new customers.

Unless they are actually available, and they have lost all of the past orders, who knows?? some communication would be nice

I'm also pretty worried about quality control and if the right items actually (eventually) turn up...

• I too am wondering about quality control as this is expensive kit and now probably being made as fast as they can go. If a hadn’t have just ordered a rig and new tv I’d probably cancel and find something else to do.

• I believe they have extensive quality control. One of the items people have been waiting on is the shifter. There was a post that this was further delayed because an entire batch of shifters did not meet quality control and had to be sent back to to manufacturing.

• Good to know, cheers 👍

• Just tried calling fanatec for the last 3 hours, but phone is completely engaged (2pm-4pm).

Then at 4.01pm it tells me they are shut, and i need to call back between 2pm-4pm! lol

• Just received an e-mail saying the order status has changed to "warehouse processing"

Hopefully a step forward!

• Let me know when you’ve got it and how awesome it is 😀

• I heard nothing from Fanatec, so put my Customer Number (from the invoice) into UPS reference tracking..

Bingo! looks like it will be delivered tomorrow :)

After 6 weeks..i'm so excited!

• Wheel and pedals received yesterday in perfect condition. Don't have a rig yet, so just desk mounted, but everything is working great.

Installed the brake performance kit on my v3 pedals, which was approx 10 min 'slightly scary' job (the v3 design with the delicate vibration motor cable needs a revision IMO, but the new plastic tool makes this job easier than a lot of youtube videos suggest). Fingers crossed I didn't damage this wire anyway.

Overall very happy, awesome bit of kit!