Order no. 1095090 : Complete silence since taking my money.

I appreciate that things are still a bit difficult right now, but it really doesn't take very long to send someone an email explaining what is happening with their order. From the number of people writing on the forum asking about their orders, it seems a lot of people would agree that there is a complete failing on the part of Fanatec to keep customers updated on the status of their orders, some of which amount to thousands of euros worth of equipment.

My own order cost me over a thousand euros, and despite one item being out of stock at the time the order was placed, I was happy to wait a month for it to come back in stock, only to find that once that was in stock, my other items were then out of stock. The pre-order availability dates then changed a few times until settling on June 29. All the items in my order have now been in stock for over a week but the order status remains as "order is in process". In the entire time that I have been waiting, I have received no communication whatsoever. I guess I have to wait until the items go out of stock again before I'll see any changes to my order page.

Waiting over week (and I expect it will be a lot longer yet) for dispatch of items that are listed as in stock is a bit of a kick in the teeth when payment for the items was taken within 24 hours of the order being placed.

I have sent enquiries through the contact form, and via the facebook page, all of which have been ignored, dismissed, or simply failed to reach the recipient. This is simply not good enough.

When there is a problem with an order that has been placed, be it an item out of stock or whatever, I would expect some sort of communication explaining the situation as a standard courtesy to the customer, especially when the orders are of such a high value.

Comments

• Same here... dates are changing, mails are being "ignored" and the only thing people get is an excuse with "we are working as hard as we can on it, it has highest priority".

The lack of communication is the worst part, it doesn't matter that dates are changing (till a certain point) but Fanatec tops every other company out there when it comes tho the worst customer experience you can have.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Paul,

I have sent you a PM.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

This discussion has been closed.