CSW base looseness and snappy FFB when going through 0-degrees

My new CSW 2.5 has a weird feeling around the 0-degree point of the wheel. Like it snaps when you go through that point, say when turning sharply from left to right. It's extremely noticable when warming up tyres. I'd describe it as a notch or kick of FFB. It doesnt happen when changing direction of turn sharply when off-centre.

I thought (I could be wrong) that with a belt driven wheel there shouldn't be these sorts of snaps. You can almost feel the belt "bite" as you pass through the 0-degree rotation point.

I'm following both the ingame and on-wheel recommended settings from Fanatec's website for AC (I've attached my content manager settings below). It happens in both AC and ACC, though I've not had time to test any other game yet.

I could just be being a bit paranoid, because it's quite a lot of money and I want it to be right.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Adam, if it is a new base, then it is likely that the belts have been stored in one position for some time, and have conformed to the shape of the pulley system. This should go away as you use it more. It will also help to leave the wheel in a different position each time you are not using it.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your feedback. It is a brand new base, so that would perhaps be the problem. I'll leave it a couple of weeks of use, and see if it improves. I'll get back to this thread and update with my findings, incase anyone else searches for similar issues.