Club Sport R300 Hub Buttons won´t work

I did´nt used my R300 CW Wheel for a couple of month. Bought my whole setup in Dec 2019. Now the cluster buttons won´t work properly. the little buttons on top (near the LED segment display) are all working .

Only 2 Buttons on the 2 lower clusters are with function...all the other buttons are sending no signal...even in the driver page.

I updated my CSL Eliite WB and also my 2 Wheels to the latest drivers and firmware.

Comments

• Assuming you are using driver 365 when you say latest driver and firmware?

Then please read the known issues of that driver.

Its a known firmware issue of firmware 672, included in driver 365.

Stay with driver 356 and firmware 670 for now if you have an UHX.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Michael,

I guess you mean the R330, because the R300 only comes in a Podium Hub configuration. Or, you have purchased an R300 rim and Universal Hub separately.

In any case I believe you are referring to a Universal Hub. I suggest that you open up the Hub check the connectors for each button cluster.

If they seem to be seated normally, and you are still having problems, please create a support ticket.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I opened the Hub checked the connectors and there´s no physicaly issue to see...everything´s fine.

Maurice wrote this could be a driver problem. I´ll check this on known issues and then try to reroll the FW and drivers.

• edited July 2020

Thank you Maurice. It must be the "Known issues" problem.

Any idea how I can reroll the firmware back...Driver on Win 10 is not a problem to reinstall to the 347 version...

But what have I to do get the old firmware on the hub ?

• edited July 2020

There is no firmware for the Universal Hub, the problem is within the base firmware 672.

So, just uninstall driver 365, restart the pc, install driver 356, restart the pc, open the driver panel, go to update Tab, click on update Base Firmware and follow the steps to downgrade your firmware from 672 down to 670, this will fix your issue with the broken UHX button islands.

• I was able to reroll both. FW and the Driver and everything is working again...Thanks Maurice.

And Fanatec should def. work on their drivers...so many issues for a premium setup which cost Me around 1500€ in total (CSL Elite, F1 V2, R330 w Hub, and V3 Pedals) does not feel very premium... ;)

• Thats the reason why there was no driver for a very long time now, because its tested intensifely now before going live.. ;-)

New Driver however should come soon (which also fixes the UHX button islands).

• Hopefully...BTW the F1 V2 wheel does´nt have any issues...I would become fairly in rage by the release of F1 2020 ;)

...everything´s working again as it should be...

• @ Dominic Brennan : No I bought and got this one https://fanatec.com/eu-de/lenkraeder/clubsport-lenkrad-r300 ;)

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Oh. Brain fart. Originally it wasn't available in that configuration. It's been a long day, sorry!

• Guys I am missing my R300 rim and Xbox hub, just installed 4 x new button clusters but can’t use it due to the driver problem.

any idea when this will be fixed ? I currently have a €580.00 paper weight which can’t be used, see below image, yes I know I can roll back drivers to get it to work, it’s easier just to put the F1 rim back on and wait unless a working driver is three years away (I hope not)

any news even bad news is appreciated

• edited July 2020

Driver situation @ Fanatec ?

...sorry...there will be any good news...

To be honest...yes I love my Fanatec setup, it works (with old drivers and FW)...but the Software issues are simply @ ChinaCrap Niveau...

1. I use my setup since DEC ´19 after I bought it... ;) ...spend over 1500€ for everything...and then...
    2. Fanalab came out...No, sorry...it doesen´t came out you have to search for it like finding weapons in the darknet.
    3. You realized after installing...Oh, your gear is´nt supported...the first time i noticed that on Fanatec Software the "known issues" list is far longer than the improvements. ;)
    4. ..."Hey, there´s a new driver and FW out."...yes, I´m still using the driver & FW I´d first installed 9 months ago...because the other 4 new ones did´nt work.

I have no idea how bad the situation really is in software development by Fanatec...but sometimes I think it´s a better solution to bring up everything as "open source"...I think in this community we would have in less than 1 month 2 fine drivers (+FW) which will working far better than the "Fanatec" ones....

I hate rants and all these "shitstorming"...but please... Dear Fanatec ...at this price tag and the promotion to bring Me to the point to give you another 1200€ for an DD1...: "Move your f... a..." in software development.

Thank you for this really nice gear and community...but software support after my 9 month experience is simply non existent.

• Roll back to the last stable drivers that were working.

365 is a beta (hence not released) which has this problems and are explained in the thread for this driver. (only two buttons work).

No particular date is given for the release but from other threads understand that should be soon.

• I have my eye on a wheel that uses the UHub for a long time. I have the CSL Elite PS4 base on driver 365. My McLaren and Formula V2 are on the latest firmware and working fine with driver 365. Latest (official) stable driver is 328 for the CSL PS4 base. I do know that driver 346 does not work for my base: constant brake and throttle rumble on the V3 when you power on the base. I would like to keep the McLaren and Formula V2 on the latest firmware. Would it be okay if I downgraded the base only to driver 328? Will the Uhub work than?

• On both my CSL PS4 ( with the GT alcadara universal hub) and Podium F1 for PS4 (F1 and Porsche Podium wheels) both of my rigs on CSL elite pedals (only one has the CSL brake kit), I am using the 356 driver without any issues.