Mclaren GT3 CSL Elite Base HELP!!!!

I recently purchased a used Mclaren wheel, upon updating all the drivers and firmware etc i have followed the instructions and plugged my QR mclaren wheel on, the Fanatec F shows on the display but on my base the red light starts flashing. After around 10 seconds the F logo dissapears. When i click on game controllers the wheel is shwoing as its not attached with a big red circle and a line through it. Is their anyway i can fix this?

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member

Firmware of the wheel is up to date with what is supplied in the driver?

What driver are you running now?

• I had problems with my McLaren wheel too. I have a CSL Elite PS4. I used the latest beta driver 365. Not so important for my base but the firmware for the McLaren is version 31. With that firmware I have no problems with the base recognising the wheel. I did update the drivers of the base first with the PS4 rim attached.

• So when i go to the wheel on fanatec and click downloads im downloading , V328 driver and installing. firmware im updating them both when it installs

• How do you get version 31? see its not even recognising my wheel on game controllers only the base

• So ive downloaded 365, did the firmware updates, attached the wheel and still nothing. maybe im doing the whole process wrong, if you could type it out piece by piece of what you did personally it would be a great help. i must be definetly doing something wrong

• I tried many drivers with no result. You may want to downgrade to driver 311. Downgrade your base firmware, Motor firmware and than the McLaren firmware. With driver 311, the McLaren firmware is 25. This time the base may recognize your wheel. The wheel wil also work fine with driver 311. Get it to work first with driver 311.

I also noticed you need to press the wheel firmly onto the base so the pins make good contact.

The McLaren wil not work with driver 328!!!!!! From driver 328 up to driver 357, the McLaren firmware is version 30. Version 31 is in beta driver 365.

• So ive downgraded the firmware to 311, Its not picking up the base now. soon going to fire it all out the window haha. So downaloded 311, installed it while i had the mclaren wheel on to see if it would recognise the wheel after restart and it didnt. Tried to update the wheel firmware and it froze.

Dont think im ginna have any luck having this mclaren wheel working with this base. not sure how to adjust which firmware i downalod etc to get the wheel to work. such a nice wheel to its a bit annoying

• So the wheel is getting power, was switching one of the dials there and it was showing clutch and handbrake on the tiny dash. so has to be some way i can get the exact drivers and firmware for it to run!

somebody must know the full trick lol

• What base do you have? If you get text in the tiny dash that’s good. You do know you have to remove any old drivers from your PC if you want to install other ones? Remove, restart, install other driver, restart, install on base and wheel...

The McLaren only worked for me on the CSL Elite PS4 after I upgraded to driver 365. Firmware of the base is 672, motor is 22 and McLaren is 31. I do not know if the base and rim firmware have to be from the same driver. Do you have another rim you can use to get the base working?

See if you can tighten the screws within the quick release of the McLaren rim. There should be 4 of them. Just see if they are as tight as can bee but don’t overtighten.

• i have the csl elite ps4 too, do i need to get the mclaren firmware before i install the wheel? yeah im using the add or remove part of the computer to remove the installed package each time i try a different driver. yeah i have the standard csl elite rim to use. ill try tightening the screws first sure, how do i get the mclaren firmware 31 ?

• You are using driver 347. Go to the beta driver section on the forum and download beta driver 365. Update the base first with the PS4 rim attached. When this is done and the base works, put on the McLaren rim and run the updates again. There should be a third button there to update the firmware of the wheel. The PS4 rim has no firmware.

• After updating the base, you should only update the rim ofcourse. No need to update the base again.

• okay so followed the steps you said there and it still doesnt have the third option to update the firmware of the wheel. as shown below

• Have you got the McLaren rim attached at this point?

• Yeah wheel is attached and red light on base is flashing

• When you attach the wheel the driver should prompt you there is new firmware. Do you want to upgrade? Than give you a window where wou can connect to the wheel and flash the firmware.

• That doesnt pop up, which means im guessing the wheel is faulty? the wheel lights up the F logo then after 10 seconds that dissapears. when i move the centre dial to C it shows "brake + and throttle" which made me think the wheel is working i just havent got the drivers set up correctly

• Do you think maybe if i had another fanatec wheel that requests a firmware update then when i plug the mclaren wheel in it would be recognised?

• When you start the base with the rim attached, it should give you the current firmware versions in the display before turning to the ‘F’ logo. If you get the message ‘brake + throttle’ if you turn the middle dial to C, it should work. There is nothing more to it. You could check ik the PC driver if it shows the McLaren rim.

I am afraid I can help you no further than this as this is what I have done to get mine to work.

• Im very thankful for your help thank you! unfortuntly it doesnt show me any data like that on the wheel just the F logo then blank

• Contact Fanatec support thru chat or via email. You cannot add your rim to your productlist because the McLaren does not exist in the Fanatec world :-). I know there are rims with a faulty ROM chip. They should be able to help.

• Have you tried the wheel in any game yet?