DD1 F1 wheel display doesn't work and can't assign buttons

Hi,

I just purchased a lot of material from Fanatec, and spent 2 full days building and setting up everything.

(Jesus, some decent guides would have helped, never seen that!)

And now, i still can't play.

I could calibrate and drive with my F1 wheel, but the display doesn't light on.

And impossible to map the buttons either in IRacing or F1 2020 (and any other games i suppose).

I tried with the Fanatec tool and in game.

No way.

In the Fanatec tool, i can tune in, but impossible to use the "mouse" part to set up the buttons of the wheel.

Also, it shows a red sign on the wheel picture.

As if the wheel was not recognised or connected to the DD1.

Any idea of how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Comments

• What driver do you have installed?

• Fanatec driver 352 beta.

Also tried with 64 driver 346, after deleting the first one.

Same problem.

• Try driver 365 and flash your wheel base to 672/38.

• Thanks a lot for your help Maurice, but i don't see how to do that.

(I looked into it though)

Where can i download the driver 365? And how can i flash the wheel base to 672/38?

The system says i have the latest versions and they are not these ones.

• Don't trust the system, it only checks if you have the firmware installed which is contained in the driver, but it will not check for a new driver update available online.

Driver 365 can be found in the beta driver section here in the forums, firmware update process is self-explanatory but also mentioned in the product manual and in several youtube tutorial videos.

• thanks again Maurice.

Did what you said.

Didn't change anything except that this time the wheel was not working at all.

• is the F1 the only wheel you have?

The quick answer is to try another wheel to see if the problem is in the wheelbase or the Rim.

Almost seems like it's not getting power, but you were able to flash it.

I would try shutting off the wheel, remove power completely, (remove the 6 pin power cord from the DD1) Then remove the F1 wheel, then inspect the pins for damage (note they are not all the same length) then try re-installing the rim.

Note the instructions ask you to tighten the gold ring PRIOR to putting the ring on, but you're not so much tightening it as you are using it to push the rubber sleeve towards the front, so it doesn't push back when you install the rim.

Snap the rim back on, gently tighten the gold ring to apply a bit of pressure on the rubber and plug it back in and turn it on.

At the very least, my DD1 display changes when I use the funky switch (though firmware 365 apparently has a problem where that can lock up for some people, I used firmware 346, and fanalab 1.12 and things are working great for me, we have different rims.)

Also if you need to file a official support request, you can do so on fanatec.com -> My account -> My products -> Support

• Thanks a lot for your answer Jack.

Yes, i have only this wheel, so i can't test it to know if the wheel is the problem.

I tried to follow what you did, but i can't know if it works, because now i have a driver problem on top of all of this.

I deleted older drivers installed to try to fix the problem with another driver. But now i don't have access to the sofware anymore, and each time i try ton install a new driver, it tells me "a more recent driver is already installed" and i'm stuck.

Looked into my PC to find how to delete the wrong files and re install everything, but no way.

Seriously thinking to sit on the 4000€ of material of my order i just spent and the 5 full days fighting to set things up and just go and buy a simple Thrustmaster that will work at least...

(Contacted the support on Sunday explaining my problem, they just answered me they want a video instead...)