PS4 podium wheel connection

Does anyone know once fully set up and plugged in you can get to use the new podium f1 base and wheel in the menus as I am pressing the ps button but it does not connect

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Ethan,

Are you in PS4 mode?

• I have the f1 ps4 podium wheel and that works fine however the porsche wheel lights up but I cannnot seem to find any button to click ok, how do you get it to go to ps4 mode ?

• Thank you, how do you get those buttons to be mapped on though ? as I have tried pressing them in PS4 mode but I cant get the wheelbase to aknowledge the wheel

• edited July 2020

They are standard for PS4 functionality and they you change in the game settings.

When you turn on the PS turn it on form from the console button.

Then press the "PS" button on the BME (the position is mention in the pdf above) to assign it as a controller. Assuming your wheel base is in PS4 mode.

Edit:

Quick question

have you already upgraded firmware on Porsche steering wheel and BME, or is it first time out of the box?

When you press the tuning menu button it is changing the screen?

• This is the first time do I need to update the firmware first, there is no change when I press running button none of the buttons work

• edited July 2020

Ok. You said that your F1 wheel works.

change the mode using that wheel. Upgrade base and F1 wheel.

when finished updating those then switch wheels while the base is in PC mode and then upgrade the 911 wheel with the BME.

instructions how to upgrade the BME you will find in the website under the download section on the steering wheel page.

Edit:

I take for granded that you know how to connect and update drivers etc from the PC.