CSL Elite PS4 - Wheel Base Power up issue

Hi all,

Hoping someone else may have seen the issue that I am currently experiencing with my CSL elite wheel base.

I fired up the PC and Fanatec gear, started Dirt Rally 2.0 and went through the menus to start a time trial. (everything was fine at this point)

Went away for 5 minutes to answer a phone call and when I came back the wheel base had turned itself off.

Attempting to turn it back on I get an electrical noise (like a whine almost) and the fan starts up at a slow speed then fluctuates in speed.

This only happens when the power button is pressed, release the power button and the noise and fan stops. Unit will not show a power led unless the power button is pressed.

Hopefully someone else has seen this issue before? I don't really want to be sending this back and waiting for months for a repair / replacement.

Thanks,

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Lee,

If you have heard of someone waiting months for a repair, that is because communication has failed at some point in the process. It is absolutely not the norm. We try to resolve issues as quickly as possible. It can be a matter of days if everything goes smoothly. At the moment we're very busy, and logistics services are too, but we are still confident that we can resolve any issue within a reasonable time frame.

I suggest you open a support ticket (through the My Products section of your account) and see what the team can do for you. Providing a video of the issue with your support request will be helpful.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

Apologies, I wasn't suggesting that Fanatec would be the reason for the delay, more shipping etc.

As I bought the item second hand I am unable to create a support ticket myself, however the person I bought it from has been able to create one for me. I have sent him a video of the problem and he has included it in the support ticket.

• Hi! Did you get a solution for your problem? I'm struggling with the same thing. Pushing the power button only activates the fan and red led, as I release the button it stops. Seems like some power issue but not sure... I opened a case/ticket as the unit is few weeks old. Would be nice to know if I can do something for the problem instead of sending the base back to Germany.

• Even if bought second hand you still can add it under your profile in the website using the serial number. It would be even better if the guy given you the purchase invoice but not sure if you can transfer any warranty left.