CSW 2.5 weak and notchy force feedback?

I finally ordered the CSW 2.5 with v3 padals, GT3 wheel with Xbox One hub.

The force feedback is on a par with my TSXW and setting it higher in game (PC2) just leads to clipping and very notchy feedback. On F1 it actually rattles loud like the G920!

Have I been sold a dud, or am I expecting too much? I was expecting very smooth realistic feel but this is no better then a TSXW and only slightly better than a G920.

Settings:

FF 100

Sen 900

SHO 100

FEI 100

In game: Raw

Gain 100

Volume 65

Tone 50

FX 50

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

100/100 wheel+In game will definitely give you clipping. For PC2 try

RAW / Gain: 75 Volume: 60 Tone: 40 FX: 25

CSW 60-80

Use the FFB widget and increase the wheel FFB before the clipping starts.

[Moderator]

• Thanks for this - will give it a try.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Also, the PC2 FFB can be very 'rough' in some cars, regardless of whether the signal is clipping or not. The V2.5 base is very smooth, but it is also very responsive and direct, particularly with FEI at 100. The DRI setting also has a big impact on the potential 'smoothness'. So what you might be feeling is a clearer/more accurate representation of the real signal from the game compared to your previous base, rather than inferior performance. I suggest trying some different games to test overall force feedback performance of your wheel base.

• Thanks Dominic I've played with the settings as suggested but it still doesn't feel right - it is honestly no better the a G920, which is something I didn't imagine I would say about a Fanatec wheel!

I had a TSXW which was always a bit rough on PC2 but smoother on PC1 and F1. So tried PC1 and the Fanatec feels maybe 10% better than on PC2, on ACC it's just plain awful, and on F1 it's either rough as hell or too weak. In F1 at its worst it's louder (rattles) than a G920 by some margin - so much so I switched it off in case I was damaging the wheel.

I've boxed it all up now and requesting a refund. I am really stuck now as I don't want to go back to a G920, but my TSXW was ok so might downgrade to that - it's FFB was a little better than what I'm experiencing currently.

Can't help feeling I was sold a dud though (a few faint marks on the wheel hub case and the box looked like it had been opened before).

• Ive owned exactly the same wheelbases as you. G920 - TSPC- CSW 2.5. Honestly I'm massively impressed with it. Not just how much stronger the FFB is, which can feel ridiculously strong that I regularly lower it, but also the fidelity is amazing. To say it feels like a G920 is crazy. What do you have it attached to? The notchy rattling you had is probably down to the FEI setting being to high.

I mainly play ACC, Automobilista, iRacing, Rfactor 2, RaceRoom. These games in my opinion (& many others), are the proper sims with good FFB & physics. Tbh, The F1 games have boring FFB, it wouldnt matter much if you use a TSXW or CSW. I stopped playing PC2 ages ago, its terrible compared to the other better sims, maybe you should give them a go?

• Xbox One so those titles aren't available, and ACC is awful on console, with or without a wheel.

Setting the FEI results in very little FFB - even with everything turned up FFB is still fairly weak.

I think a Fanatic is overkill for a console as I doubt I can ever get the settings just right where I feel ~£1,200 is worth it. Giving sim racing a break for now as not sure where I can go from a Fanatic without spending silly money.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited July 2020

Hi Moddasar, if you really think it is no better than a G920 then there must be a problem with it. I suggest you create a support ticket (via the My Products section of your Fanatec account), and supply a video demonstrating exactly what you mean so that our technical team can help to diagnose the issue.

[Edit] Actually before you do that, I suggest you try driver 346. Perhaps you didn't update the firmware out of the box? https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1054/fanatec-beta-driver-v346-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels