(XBOX) issue with wheel base?

I just bought formula v2 wheel CSL elite v1.1 and v3 pedals set it up took a bit to get it all set up for my xbox and went to play F1 2020 it worked well at first till i tired tuning the wheel in game and it lost connection now every time i want to use the setup its several hours of resetting everything to try to get it to work i power it up in f1 and press the mode button and it shows the green light like it should and then sometimes it will bring up the sign it tab and i cant do anything with the wheel i cant shut it off or switch back to pc mode so i have to unplug the power to be able to turn it off i unplug everything and hard restart the xbox to just keep repeating the cycle everything is up to date on the setup any suggestions ?

Comments

• Hi Tyler, that sounds like a bummer.

Do you have a PC you can hook it to to update the firmware?

If so do you have a game on the PC you can try to see if it also looses the connection there?

On your xbox, are you able to connect it direct, with the supplied cable, or is it farther away and required a USB extension cable?

If so, you might try without the extension, as an experiment - I have had issues with those in the past.

• i have it all updated on my laptop im not sure if my pc will be able to handle any kind of racing game so cant really test it on that i dont have an extension for the usb everything is set up 2 feet from the xbox .

when i have it pluged into my laptop i can switch back to pc mode and xbox but when i go to my xbox and try to do the same it freezes and i cant switch it from the xbox mode

• which driver did you install?

On the CSL Elite + PS4 page the highest is 328

On the CSL Elite (xbox only) page its 336 beta

The most recent beta driver is 365, which you can find on the beta forum

• Ordinarily I would leave things alone but since you're having issues trying the latest beta makes sense.

by the way, what you're really after is the firmware update for the wheel and motor, and fanatec distributes those as part of the 'driver' package - there isn't a separate package for just the firmware.

What you'll do is install the latest driver, then when you launch it on your laptop, it should prompt you to update the base firmware, then you launch the driver again, and it should prompt you to update the motor firmware.

At that point you can do a quick test in windows to see if things are detected, and re-calibrate the center position.

Then you can hook it back up to the xbox and see if you have better luck with it.

• Also If I recall there are two places you can set xbox mode - on the base station and on the controller - not sure if one covers the other or if there's benefit to doing it in both places.

• its all up to date with driver 365 WB672 SW34 it still wont connect to the xbox but everything registers in the function test menu

• My new CSW 2.5 took forever to connect to my xbox - did not go in to xbox mode automatically - in the end did the press '2 boxes' button and Y for a few seconds and got it to work every time.

But, it kept losing FFB and had to fully reset everything to get it working again. If I tried to change settings on the wheel on the fly got the same issue. FFB also very weak and wheel rattles/feels rough.

It's going back for a refund as soon as Fanatec acknowledge the revocation form and supply labels.

• I have the exact same issue as you. Everything works fine when its plugged in to my laptop, but as soon as I plug it into the Xbox, Im unable to switch to xbox mode. Ive tried all the turning on/off, unplugging/replugging, updating you can think of and I havnt been able to get it working. This is also happening to me after i sent the CSL wheelbase V1.1 and formula V2 back for repairs. If anything, the problem is worse than before.

• Glad I'm not the only one. I have a csl elite ps4 version and formula v2 wheel. Got it about a week ago and been playing in ps4 as of late because on the buttons and knows work on that console.

Went to try it on my Xbox and at first couldn't even get it into Xbox mode. Then did a whole bunch of power cycles and plugging in cables in different orders and finally got the green light but then no buttons work pedals either. Tried to turn on my pad maybe thinking I have to assign the wheel as a controller. But nope the only button that works on the game pad in the xbox logo. Can't turn the system off or nothing. So I have to turn off by unplugging all devices hey @dom maybe you can help a few of us out. I'm on driver v328.

I'd rather not go to a beta driver to get this feature being this was advertised as a working set up. I don't feel like dealing with random issues that come with beta versions when paying a premium price.

• Did y'all end up getting a fix? I just got a CSL v1.1. and a Formula V2 wheel and I am having the same issue. Freezes the steering wheel everytime and isn't registering on Xbox. Seems to connect no problem to PC.

• I just purchased a clubsport 2.5 and a Formula v2 and I am having the same issues. I have updated and even brought back the firmware to 365 and 347 with no luck. Any update?

• I have same problems , formula 1 v2 wheel CSL elite v1.1 and CLS pedals . What it works for me 90% of the time is :

• Turn of XBOX ( even plug it off ) this will do that the Xbox start from 0 (you will see the green screen with Xbox logo at the beginning).
    • Turn On your CSL wheel base . Ones you see the firmware numbers on the small screen on the wheel , you change to XBOX mode by pressing the mode PB. Ones you see the green light coming on , you have to see that in the small screen of the wheel doesn't show a big F. If this happen press the mode PB, go to PC mode and push it back to Xbox mode. Until you have the Green light (XBOX mode on) and No F in screen you can not continue . Some times if 2 times switching modes doesn't work , turn of your wheel base by holding the power button . Turn it on and try to change the mode again .
    • Ones you have the green light and Nothing in the Wheel screen , press the XBOX PB on the wheel ( same like you will starting your Xbox from your normal controller) . XBOX will start to boot up , longer that normal .
    • You will know that your wheel is good ones you see the main XBOX screen and your wheel behaves like a normal Xbox controller.

I said 90% of the times works for me , its not always but it has work for me every day for the past 2 weeks. I only can guess that the synchronization with Xbox isn't that good. Hope this helps.

• Can anyone help? My xbox buttons never worked right on my wheel. That's now not my issue, they work yet when I get into a game on ACC it wont save on steering wheel it keeps going back to controller. My csw wheels paddle shifters work however no pedals or steering. No clue why this happened. I'm on the latest v373 as well.

• Thomas, I had the same problem and solved it by reinstalling ACC. Sadly, a few days later the Xbox button on my wheel stopped lighting up. I have loosened collar and tried to reseat the USB-C but that hasnt helped.