DD2 Died

Finished a race, all good, then everything shut off; it just twitched, no oled, nothing, no light on power supply. Horrible after just 30 days. Now, I get to go through the support piece. I'll send a ticket, they'll ask for a video, blah, blah, blah. My personal favorite is, "unplug it for 24 hours"...shouldn't have to at this price. After all the BS just to get one, then it craps out.

Comments

• Sorry to hear Charles, I'm sure it's frustrating...

• It is. Just received my Formula V2 today too...kick me while I’m down.

• Greetings, what a shame it gives me to inform you this, the same thing happened to me, the power supply turned off by itself after having spent about 45 minutes enjoying the game and everything was damaged, I had to ask for another power supply which cost me 139 dollars this is absurd as it is possible that such expensive equipment can be damaged as easily and had it connected to a voltage regulator and however it is damaged

• Charles BostCharles Bost Member
    edited July 2020

I didn’t read the fine print but the warranty doesn’t cover the power supply? That sucks.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

The power supply is part of the product and therefore covered by the warranty. From what I can see on the system, Samuel requested a direct purchase of a new power supply.

I'm confused about your statement "unplug it for 24 hours" - are you saying that our support team gave you that advice? If so, could you tell me what was the date of the message? I don't see this on the system.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited July 2020

Hi guys,I have the same problem, the fan will never turn off !! :o( DD2 power supply

Purchase date 28 Jan 2020

edited July 2020

No. I apologize, I should have been more specific. The comment about turning off for 24hrs came from different forums. I submitted a ticket and am waiting for actual Fanatec support 😁

edited July 2020

Mine is different, not sure if it's the power supply, base, or both. No light on psu, no led's, oled screen off. At first glance, you'd think no power but every few seconds, the wheel will twitch and jerk. I submitted Saturday night and I imagine they receive the most support tickets on Monday so it might be a few days until they get to mine. I sent videos hoping to skip a few back-and-forth emails.