Dominic Brennan - Please Help

Hi, I placed a $1,300 order (1113876) on Thursday, July 16th. I received an email later that day stating that the order had been processed and that I would receive a tracking number soon. As of July 21st, I have yet to receive a tracking number... Although, I have already been charged for my order. I have attempted to contact Sales/Customer Service and I'm unable to get anyone to answer the phone. I called back and, for the heck of it, tried to talk to someone in technical support... Much to my surprise, someone answered, but of course could not assist me with the status of my order... I think that this company is doing an amazing job of providing top-of-the-line gear for sim racers, but damn, the Customer Service is awful. I would think that a company with fairly high average purchase prices would have a better way of providing support. Dominic, are you able to provide me with a tracking number?

Comments

• Good luck with tracking numbers lately. I totally agree, their gear is top notch, supplying tracking numbers on very valuable shipments is lacking to nothing. My last shipment sat on my porch over night because I had no tracking number and it shipped and arrived way faster than expected.

I love there gear, but common guys...get your fulfillment services up to par...it's only getting worse and I can't accept the covid argument. I would much rather have a day or two delay then wonder where my package is or if it's going to arrive with Fedex late afternoon and have no idea. Both FedEx and UPS no longer even ring the doorbell.

• Thanks for your comment! It's super frustrating. I have called the German number, the US number... still absolutely no luck.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Tracking numbers come from (and are synchronised by) our shipping partners. The email that includes tracking numbers is automated, not controlled by us. If you don't see tracking information, it is because of delays caused by the shipping company, or because the email has gone into your spam folder.

I'm sorry that your package was delivered without warning Steve. But the COVID explanation is a valid one. Shipping services are significantly affected at the moment, and that includes the speed/reliability of tracking info. I'm not sure about specific rules about doorbell ringing, but most services have stopped doorstep package signing, also due to COVID.

Also being an automated email, it has a higher chance of being picked up by spam filters.

Brittany, I would say there is nothing unusual about your order at this stage. It is (unfortunately) quite normal at the moment for tracking information to take this amount of time after the 'order processed' email.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Dominic,

Thanks for the reply and that does clear some things up, it's definitely not going to spam for me so the issues seems that FedEx is dropping the ball on this.

As for doorbell ring, I know it's out of your hands as well, but dang man...they used to ring the doorbell and run off as a notice, I guess today, that's too dangerous sigh

• Hi, Dom,

Okay, so will the status will remain at "Order Processed" on the Fanatec website? I, too, have not received any sort of tracking number from FedEx. I have searched my email thoroughly. Are my items in stock? Are they coming from Germany, or California?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Yes, 'Order Processed' is the final stage. It should not be able to reach this stage if the items were not in stock. All items purchased from the US website ship from the US.

• Okay, thank you!

• Thanks for your responses Dominic, I hope it's okay to ask another question.

I ordered Saturday using PayPal, I had saved for this purchase, as soon as I purchased, I noticed or believed this order did not have stickers (Podium Porsche Bundle) so I tried to add and could not, reading it said to just cancel and redo order so I did. Endor or the fulfillment server went ahead and charged me for both orders and then refunded. They charged me for a canceled order as well as the current order. Is this something that is normal? I had to pull from peter to pay paul... Also I checked if I could still get with this purchase, the F1 2020 game for 1$ and it was there in the accessories to add, but on checkout it's not there...I put in a question about this to Fanatec without an answer as of yet. What's up with that.

I can NEVER say anything bad about your product. Love it as you may see if checking my purchases, however...this tracking number stuff, the charge on a canceled order and now saying you can get the F1 2020 game for 1$ and not. Why such a great company with great equipment fail so bad on fulfillment. Maybe it's not Fanatec at all but the web host and Endor, but it sure has given me a bad taste on my last few purchase. :(

• edited July 2020

I would also like to know if my order shipped...

What concerns me is that I want to make sure that I am home when the product arrives. I really don't want $1,300 worth of sim racing equipment left on my front porch. Surely, you can tell me if it has shipped...

• Heard anything about your order? Not yet for me, 4 working days since Order Processed and 5 days since my debit from checking and nothing. :(

• edited July 2020

On 7/18/20 I ordered V3 pedals (website said Available)

On 7/20, the website said status was “Available soon”

On 7/20, the status changed to Warehouse Processing

on 7/23, the order status shows “Order Processed”.

I haven’t received an email with the tracking number - but I’m hoping. Based on other responses, I’m hoping that I’m in the group of customers that receives the product without getting the tracking number email. It is too bad that they don’t have better communication process - I’m hoping the product performs better!

• It seems they are letting us know they have processed the order in some way, however there is a huge delay lately between "Ordered Processed" and when it is actually made available for pickup. My order was in "Order Processed" on Monday, 7/20 and only today, 7/24 I received the tracking number but not yet picked up by FedEx, label was created today...so not sure what Order Processed actually means now. Before it was same or next day FedEx actually had my order.

Oh well, Fanatec seems to be a great company so hard to complain, but I really wish they would consider a better way to let their customers know what's going on with orders that many, many save money to purchase. Endor actually charged a CANCELED order as well as the new order. Canceled immediately so I could add the sticker/button package. This cause me to have to steel from peter to pay paul. It took four days to get my money back, yet the took it right away. Come on guys :(