P1/CSL Elite are unusable on Xbox

Alexandre TeaAlexandre Tea Member
edited December 2019 in Steering Wheels

Hello all,

I just received my Fanatec setup and was really excited to set it up on my Xbox. Impossible to make it work! Here's my setup:

- Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase for PS4

- Fanatec P1 Wheel for Xbox

- CSL Elite Pedals w/ LC

- Shifter

Now, my issue:

- I turn on the wheelbase and it starts rotating. Once done, the mode becomes green because of the P1 wheel, so far so good

- But there's no way to give any input to the xbox, using the stick or the buttons on the wheel won't do anything

- So far I could change the mode, but at some point (maybe 1 or 2 minutes after I turned on the wheel), the mode goes from green to a lighter-green/yellow. That's when it freezes, pressing the Mode button doesn't change it anymore. I can't even turn off the wheelbase, I have to manually unplug the power supply!

I've tried with every USB port of my Xbox, without success. Nothing shows in the Accessory section of the xbox either.

The firmware was already up-to-date, I re-flashed it but no luck. Downgraded the firmware and upgraded it back, no luck either.. Tried the driver Beta 347 and nope!

Has anyone experienced this? Help, I’m really getting desperate, starting to regret my purchase :(

I also raised a support ticket but no news yet.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Looking at the Quick Start it doesnt mention that is compatible with the xbox, that maybe a web site error since the move.

Just go pick up a PS4; problem solved.

• I had the exact same setup and it does work with the Xbox, as long as you use the Elite P1 wheel and not the wheel that comes with your base.

As a matter of fact, with that same will it works on PC and PS4 as well, no need to use the bundled wheel.

You should take a video of what happens with the mode light and contact support. I had a problem with my first CSL Elite PS4 and after seeing the video they asked me to send it back and sent me a new one. Could be the wheel as well, but they'll ask you some questions and more videos if needed to figure it out.

• I believe it use to work before and has been mentioned as compatible but not lately anymore due to software/firmware changes I guess. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.