CSP v3 gas pedal not calibrating

Sam DavisSam Davis Member
edited December 2019 in Pedals

I bought v3 pedals, downloaded driver , clutch works, brake works …… GAS PEDAL DOES NOT CALIBRATE. PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• Please give more details what "gas pedal does not calibrate" means. What do you do, what do you see on-screen in the Fanatec Properties window?

• Having same problem. Gas pedal is not recognized in the pedal properties function test. Clutch, brake and rumble tests are fine. Turned off "enable manual mode' and it started working. Been having a lot of trouble with the pedals lately where the PC won't see it in settings>devices or if it see it shows up with the message "unknown usb device device descriptor request failed". Windows 10 - 1903. Driver 328. Firmware V1.30

• When I try to calibrate the pedals... The gas pedal is the first one to do and it doesn't do anything when you push on it . It will let me calibrate the brake and clutch fine ....

• Sam, do you have an issue where the pedals don't even connect to the PC with the message "unknown usb device device descriptor request failed"? This happens with mine. Plug in and disconnect several times and eventually connects. Last time is shows up in the Fana control panel and everything but gas pedal worked. Turned off 'enable manual mode' and the gas pedal suddenly started working.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

huh, that sounds familiar to an issue im having. i said it sounds like a calibration bug. i have a similar issue with braking from time to time and remedy it in a similar crude way. it works though, i have actually reccomended it and fanatec support said disconnecting them in this manner can cause issues.

but as long as it works why would i pay them like they asked me too.

im just saying if these brand new products are having the same issue as my more seasoned product, id say there might be a firmware bug rendering rj12 ports buggy!

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

listen Fanatec, i strongly feel there is a issue with the way the current firmware is recognizing added devices like pedals and handbrakes and the automatic calibration.

i have a dd1 for ps4 and am plagued with these bugs and have been from day one 1.

they persist yet are easy corrected by unplugging the rj12 of the affected device and reconnecting till it recognizes it and calibrates it.

i noticed it on games like gt sport and dirt rally which have input reporting features. it usually show a slight input on either the handbrake (connected to base) or the brake proper(using dd1 supplied rj12 and separate port, but have also had the handbrake connected to pedals and same result) .

it now been documented by another V3 owner on the throttle, he disconnects and reconnects and it works?

3 pedals, same problem and same fix?

maybe its the apms? Im no expert in anything other than have fanatec issues lately.

• edited December 2019

If we have these pedal recognition issues, can't we just go back to the previous driver and firmware that WORKED. Someone tell how to do that. I'm running DD2 with V3 pedals connected to base and get no pedal recognition in Iracing, but no problem in AC. Even tried connecting V3 to computer IO usb port direct and made no difference. Ran perfectly for 5 months till download of newest firmware. Now NO PEDAL FUNCTION. This in Windows 10/64. HELP! Can previous firmware be reinstalled? Help!