FF feeling weird

IDK if anyone has had this issue, but i had my FF set perfectly for me in f1 2020, then one day i played the game and in the slow corners mainly there is just no resistance in the wheel, i had changed no in game or wheel settings, the high speed isnt to bad but in the lo speed as soon as ive turned more than around 20 degrees there is no resistance. This makes the game near unplayable for me as i had lots of resistance and feeling in the corners before, can anyone help? Bumps/curbs and off tracks still produce lots of FF its just in the corners. I use the ps4 v1.1+ wheel base and play pc

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Joel,

That sounds similar to the issue being described in this thread:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/13406/ffb-error-f1-2020-dd-and-csl-elite

Where users are suggesting that the issue is unique to the PS4 version.

Moving your thread to the same section.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• edited July 2020

I think this is a game "feature" as I also sometimes habe almost zero resistance in the wheel in F1 2020 on PC with a DD2 but this ONLY happens when you turn into a corner with locking Tyre and is reproducible so I think this should indicate Tyre lock/understeer...

It's much exaggerated imo but I don't think this is a Fanatec issue but more a game issue.

• No Maurice, Codemasters wanted the FFB to break away when the wheels were locked, but the problem still exists if you don't brake!

• Not for me at least, its only going light light wenn tyres are locking and is 100% reproducible.

Think we talk about different things then which I simply dont have.

• Right, everyone has wheels blocking when braking. (Because it was wanted by Mr. David Greco)

The other thing about steering is not the problem we have to solve.

• For me it is very inconsistent, track to track. Hanoi is unplayable. All feedback goes away slower corners. Zandtvoort feels perfect. Russia is basicly a guessing game.

Very hard to improve in a game like that.

Same experience in both ps4 and pc. I use csl elite f1 e-sports bundle. Firmware 674. Motor 22

• edited January 2021

I was having the same issue and was gonna post separately. Didn’t notice it happening before either.

Platform: Xbox Wheelbase: CSL Elite +

Under steer enhance is off. Issue is particularly noticeable on Monaco, in the dry on corners 7 & 8 (mirebeau bas & portier), as well as Rascasse and Antony Noghes. Wheel damper set to 10. When I take these corners, I am generally very light on the brakes (or coasting), so it definitely not the wheels locking, and am turning the wheel at a consistent rate (not sharp and sudden). Feedback was dropping off completely around mid-corner.

Issue does not occur in other similar low speed corners/ hairpins with similar control inputs.

I turned my in game wheel damper settings up to 15, saved the controller preset, ran a few laps and then put my wheel damper setting back to 10 and saved the preset. The issue was then much less prevalent, but not completely gone. I upped the wheel damper up a few clicks and found it greatly reduced this sensation.

Might be worth trying to see if it works for you?

Also tried posting this comment on the other discussion mentioned by Dominic Brennan, as it may be useful, but it keeps saying “comment will be posted after approval” or something like that. Had this a few times now so not going to bother anymore!

• I hopped on today and after it was fine the other day I had an odd deadzone which I was able to fix in the tune up menu on my csl elite f1 bundle for ps4. After I fixed it and went back to race all of a sudden the ffb is super choppy and loud instead of smooth and quiet.