Handbrake mounting bolts NOT included?

sweeeet! Handbrake just came in!!! Lets install it... all i need to do is mount 3 screws perfect.... where are the bolts... hmm mist have missed them... NOPE... fanatec in their infinite wisdom decided to i clude the necessary bolts to mount the handbrake in the box with their shifter! Since i dont have their shifter... so instead this inevitably turns into a *#%~+=? Nightmare... metric bolts at lowes... sold out in stainless... bolts at home depot... not stainless... ok no big deal... ive only wasted a couple hours looking for M6 bolts in stainless(already driving in anger as i search America for Metric bolts). I get the powder coated bolts home only to find... they are 12 mm and the handbrake only accepts 10mm.🤦🏻‍♂️... so not i have to spend another 30 mins grinding down store bought bolts that should have been in the bleep bleep bleep bleepdy bleeping box... arrrrrgh... fanatec i love your hardware but you are horrific logistically in every way possible... ill be out back manufacturing bolts in the correct size for a “some assembly required” product... while i DO have fanatecs shifter on order... Assuming that your customers have both boxes at the same time is ridiculous beyond comprehension...

fanatec:

1. what are the 3 bolts for my handbrake doing in the shifter box?
  2. are those bolts(that are in the shifter box) useful for ANYTHING in the shifter kit that ISNT a handbrake?
  3. can you just charge us $5/€5/£5 and include the bolts?

just saying... would fanatec rather have you tube videos about how awesome rally and drifting is with a handbrake??? Or a video that is about how to cut and size bolts for their handbrake that should be included but are not?

charge 5 bucks dollars euros rubles wtf ever and give us the actual hardware required... back to grinding bolts...

Amazing products.... but so pissed

Comments

• Once again, Fanatec has no earthly idea where and what you are going to mount them to. There are many rigs on the market, and some people build their own. Even if they supplied bolts, there's no guarantee they would fit your set up. Please be somewhat reasonable.

• So if im mounting my setup to a 2x4 I can go to home depot and buy 2” long wood screws? Come on now... only ONE size bolt fits that handbrake case... 6mm metal... include one long set and one short set of 6mm then... hell include one long one med and one short set... but include the hardware... charge for it charge for it charge for it... i dont mind paying for what i actually might need to set the thing up... dont care if i pay for 3 or 12 extra bolts... none of us are flat broke or we have joysticks in our hands. Why not Include the hardware Even if extraneous and unnecessary... customer experience is important... ive been with fanatec for close to 10 years... still have a perfectly functioning rsv2 wheel and clubsport v2 pedals... but the $5 they saved in hardware and “unnecessary extra hardware because we dont know what you are mounting to” is a surcharge your customers will unknowingly appreciate.

• Is this the first time you've had to buy bolts?

Think about it - short medium or long means nothing. If you need a 12mm M6 to fit to your rig and fanatec had included M6 8mm, 14mm and 18mm you'd still be out of luck. The most sensible thing is to supply your own to your requirements. This is not unusual. Lots of people have these things at home - I've got hundreds of bolts in metric and imperial. Often I still don't have exactly what I want to use so I buy those - any extras go in the box with the others.

• Sorry man, but RTFM!

EN: Use M6 screws with max lentgh inside housing of 10 mm

EN

NOTE: Mounting screws and tools are not included

CONTENTS:

EN

• ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 (A)

• 3m Connection cable to Wheel Bases*, Pedals*, USB

Adapter* (B)

• 3m Connection cable to ClubSport Pedals V2* (C)

• ClubSport Handbrake Adapter to connect to ClubSport

Wheel Base* (D)

So if you bought 12mm screws and had to grind them down, where the hell did you mount the handbrake? On a piece of paper?!!?