FanaLab 1.23 beta Download - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Would be curious to see if it works for you. I’ve had no luck replacing the KERNELBASE.dll. Please report back.

• No luck replacing kernelbase.dll.

Tried to reinstall W10H and it locked up!! So uninstalled the reinstall!!

"Faulting application name: FanaLab.exe, version: 0.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5dfb4918

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x67005c2a

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00114402

Faulting process ID: 0x864

Faulting application start time: 0x01d62d162217707d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: 955c64c6-bb58-4dd5-8975-7e9e518cb825

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: "

and:

Application: FanaLab.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException

at PodiumControl.PCThreadGameTelemetry.GteDllGameLaunchDetectStart(System.String[], Int32, CallbackGameDetectorStringParam)

at PodiumControl.PCThreadGameTelemetry.Start(PodiumControl.PCGameTelemetryDataJsonShared)

at PodiumControl.WindowMain+<PrivateInitialize>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at PodiumControl.App.Main()

• I'm having strange issue with my Podium hub and Fanalab. My SEN setting is changing constantly. I set it to auto, visit another page in the program, come back and find at some arbitrary number like 1290. If I set it correctly to auto, join a game Fanalab changes it wrong and the game is unplayable. The only way now is to set everything correct in Fanalabs, then close it and the game works.

What makes this more difficult, I'm on a podium hub with no screen and tuning meu. I have to use Fanalabs for settings, but now on this strange way.

• Juho HuttunenJuho Huttunen Member
    edited May 2020

Thanks Maurice, I was on 352 (as it works for me), but for a long time already but issues only very recently. I now updated to the latest drivers, maybe this will fix it.

Quick check and now I can go through different settings (1-5 slots )and the SEN doesn't more every time. I hope this works.

• Not sure if you've already tried this, but I think some people has some luck installing in Safe Mode, maybe?

• Just did a fresh install of windows 10 pro and tried safe mode install, same issue. Previously i had tried fresh installs of bothe windows 10 home and pro and same application error in the event log about .net and kernellbase.dll. I copied kernelbase.dll from my laptop which is also running windows 10 pro and still same thing. At this point as it seems to be a common issue, i'm going to wait for a response from fanatec before continuing to bang my head against the wall, i've never been so furstrated with a piece of software before and i'm an an IT professional... lol

• Hi,

I have tried Fanalab, played with some settings ... and launched F1 2019 !

The results are terrible (likely due to the settings I have tried) and I completely lost the control of my wheel.... which goes to one end and continues vibrating....

I then tried to come back to the default setups in Fanalab .... but same . no control in the game.

Could you please help me ?

thanks by advance and regards,

Nico_64fr

• OK. Do you mean installing Fanalab in Safe Mode??

• Thanks for the link but I have the same problem with v1.24 as I had with v1.23 - just shuts down after appearing for a few seconds.

• I mean, there's no way I'm reinstalling windows 10 just to fix fanalab lol. Is anyone from Fanatec reading this? Let us know and just fix it asap thanks.

• I have tried Fanalab, played with some settings ... and launched F1 2019 ! Unplayable ... I completely lost the control of my wheel.... which goes to one end and continues vibrating....

How to come back to "normal" please ?

Thanks.

• If you have a problem with your windows how will Fanatec solve it?

I've corrected this problem to several friends just by reinstalling windows... It can be that your case is different but it also can be the same, and if you have a problem with windows what do you expect Fanatec to do?

• I can tell you from my own experience, reinstalling windows doesn’t fix this particular issue, spent a afternoon doing exactly that many times. It is a beta software so there is no obligation on fanatecs side to fix the issue other than good customer service and the desire to one day have a full release version.

• I have tried Fanalab, played with some settings ... and launched F1 2019 ! Unplayable ... I completely lost the control of my wheel.... which goes to one end and continues vibrating....

How to come back to "normal" please ?

Thanks.

• That worked for me!!!

• Hi,

thanks for your answer, but not sure that it is for my problem ...

For me nothing crashed ... just that the new settings I have introduced make the wheel stuck/constantly vibrating and block at one end of the steering. So no control on the wheel and obviously on the car.

I just want a way to reinitialize the wheel at the previous (and even at default factory) settings.

FANATEC, thanks for help

• So, I'm also experiencing the same issue as many others here: When starting Fanalab, I see the "Fanatec" splash screen, then the main screen of the app for a second or so, and then the app crashes.

It happens in the same way with Fanalab 1.12, 1.23, and 1.24.

The Windows event log shows the same two errors as mentioned by other people here: DllNotFoundException from DotNetRuntime and the error related to KERNELBASE.dll (both pasted below).

I have tried deleting the "Fanatec" folder from AppData/Local, no dice.

(One thing I will mention, because maybe it is relevant in some way: I have removed all the Windows "bloatware", like preinstalled games and applications I don't need. However, I did all this through the regular "Uninstall" way, so I doubt that any essential files got purged doing this.)

My setup:

• CSL Elite Base 1.1
    • CSL Elite Pedals
    • CSL Elite P1 Wheel
    • Firmware V672
    • Driver V365
    • Fanalab 1.12, 1.23, 1.24
    • Win 10 Home (latest version with all updated installed).
    • DotNet Runtime 4.8 (or later, not sure)

I built this PC only a few days ago specifically for sim racing, so I'm especially bummed out that no version of this software is working. :( I kind of regret my purchase, I have to say. At this point I'm not even sure if I can use my wheel at all, is there anything meaningful I can do which doesn't require configuration in Fanalab beforehand?

It's especially disturbing how little Fanatec seems to be involved here with trying to get to the bottom of this, offering hints or asking for more information that would help them debug their software.

Also, is there a stable version of Fanalab anywhere? It's hard enough to find the software at all, having to dig through forums instead of a simple downloads page, and then everything I find is labeled "beta", and even this beta is half a year old.

So, in the hope that there actually is some poor chap working on debugging this, here's the error logs:

Faulting application name: FanaLab.exe, version: 0.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5dfb4918

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x67005c2a

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00114402

Faulting process ID: 0x33c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d62ea96439f79d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: 8b26589c-b06b-4356-a604-eb42b052f840

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: FanaLab.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException

at PodiumControl.PCThreadGameTelemetry.GteDllGameLaunchDetectStart(System.String[], Int32, CallbackGameDetectorStringParam)

at PodiumControl.PCThreadGameTelemetry.Start(PodiumControl.PCGameTelemetryDataJsonShared)

at PodiumControl.WindowMain+<PrivateInitialize>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at PodiumControl.App.Main()

• I found a FanaLab error log file called FLControl.log in C:\Users\Public\FanaLab Logs, maybe it's helpful:

05/20/2020 14:08:54.874

+------------- FanaLAB START-------------+

|       FanaLab V1.23 BETA 16/12/2019  |

+----------------------------------------------+

05/20/2020 12:08:54.879 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(String Subkey, String Name, Int32& Value)

05/20/2020 12:08:55.227 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(String Subkey, String Name, Int32& Value)

05/20/2020 12:08:56.755 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: LogLevel | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 12:08:56.755 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [string] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\SettingsName: Background | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PodiumControl.PCUtilRegistry.GetRegistryValueCurrentUser(String Subkey, String Name, String& Value)

05/20/2020 12:08:57.327 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\DeviceName: Shifter | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 14:09:07.422

05/20/2020 12:09:07.422 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 12:09:08.811 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 12:09:08.812 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\DeviceName: BaseDDCompV25Enabled | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 12:09:09.468 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\DeviceName: RimP1X | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 14:30:57.494

05/20/2020 12:30:57.497 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 12:30:59.582 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 15:10:33.307

05/20/2020 13:10:33.307 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 13:10:35.319 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 15:20:12.657

|       FanaLab V1.24 BETA 19/12/2019  |

05/20/2020 13:20:12.657 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\Led\ThreeDigitName: iRPM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 13:20:12.956 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\Led\ThreeDigitName: Fuel_I | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 13:20:14.574 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuite\Led\ThreeDigitName: Gear | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 15:51:17.162

|       FanaLab V1.24 BETA 19/12/2019  |

05/20/2020 13:51:17.162 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

05/20/2020 13:51:19.266 | ERROR | PCUtilRegistry::GetRegistryValueCurrentUser [int] | Subkey: SOFTWARE\Endor\PodiumSuiteName: ITM | System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• Another error log, from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs\FwFanatecSetup.log:

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

Call: Feb 1 2019 09:48:06

OSVersion: Windows 10

[START TRACE]

Install Start

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060

Service does not exists

Remove service: ServiceOpen failed

ASServiceUninstall failed!

ASPreInstallRegistryCleanup: RegOpenKeyEx failed! 183

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::RegistryPropertySet SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 13

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: 87

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

Service does not exists

Windows10SetupInstall::ServiceOpen failed

Install End

Fanatec Wheel Setup Logs

Call: Nov 15 2019 09:44:32

OSVersion: Windows 10

[START TRACE]

Install Start

ASDeleteDesktopShortcut failed!

Service does not exists

Remove service: ServiceOpen failed

ASServiceUninstall failed!

FWSCASetupApiDeviceInfoSet::HardwareIdCompare SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed! Error: -536870389

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWVirtualInputDevice.inf

_TARGETDIR: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ms\FWFilterUsbInstall.inf

Install End

• Hi Florian,

I feel you pain. I will tell you exactly what i did in hopes that if fixes your issue as i'm not sure if i was lucky or these results are repeatable. After I installed 1.23 and it kept crashing, i ran the installer again without uninstalling fanalab and chose repair. I then restarted and tried running it and it crashed after the splash screen. I then deleted the folder and ran it and it worked. Previously, I had tried the repair on its own and deleting the folder on its own and they didn't fix the the issue. only when doing them together was i able to fix the issue. Hope that helps.

• Hi Abiye,

thank you for your input, much appreciated. Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick in my case.

In the meantime I realized that Fanalab is not essential for using the wheel, and that I can configure the setups on the wheel itself. So for now I just won't bother any longer with Fanalab. Before I try it next time, I'll make sure to check the comments here on the forum...

Let's hope Fanatec's hiring efforts will pay off and they will put some more care into their software and into this community here.

• Hello all, staff !

( DD2 / Podium Hub/ BME / PAPM / Fanalab: 1.24 BETA / PC Driver: 356 / F: 670 / WBMF: 38 / SWF: 9 / PHF: 2 / Game: iRacing. )

Humm, i try to set my ITM options, but i have some issues or maybe i don't do right move...

• On the BME, i can only display the Page 1, impossible to display 2/3/4/5... Hold the setting button, turn/move the funkyswitch right/left/up/down, nothing change, and on the Fanalab ITM page, i can' t check the 1/2/3/4/5 pages with a mouse click ! On the page 1, sometime the engaged gear is to Neutral, when for exemple i have an engaged gear, exemple: 4.
    • On the display base, i can display the page 1/2/3/4/5 but, often, this screen "freeze" and i can't anymore swap page, i need restart the base... I also lost a few times the FFB ! In fanalab, i can' t mouse click to select the wanted page too.

So the question is, do i do something wrong or problem are know and the were fixed in futur build ?

I was seduced about this OLED display when i choose this wheel, to have timming/fuel/tires temperature in live, hope the project will be finalized soon, coz i have the BME since 6 months now without really being able to enjoy this ITM fonction...

Sorry for my poor english & best regards.

Seb

• edited May 2020

For the BME displays 2-5 are disabled for now, this is intended.

Will be enabled as soon as all the issues with that pages (especially freezing) are fixed.

For the DD ITM freezes, please try driver 365 with included firmwares and if you still have freezes please report them in the respective thread.

• Michael EvansMichael Evans Member
    edited May 2020

I just upgraded from driver 352 to 365 (DD1), and upgraded all of my firmware. On my Porsche 911 GT3 R rim (which I love, btw) it seems as if my LEDs have gotten much dimmer after this update. Is that true or am I seeing things? And if it is true, when will we get LED brightness adjustment via Fanalab?

Also seeing an intermittent bug now where my flag LEDs get stuck ON for ABS and TC events in ACC. They will stick on and then remain on until the next flag or ABS/TC event.

• The brightness of the leds were not adjusted and is the same if you previously already updated the BME firmware from its default firmware v8 to the in 352 included firmware v9.

• Michael EvansMichael Evans Member
    edited May 2020

Thanks- what about the flag LED's getting stuck on temporarily? ABS is the most common case for me. Happens coming out of about 10-25% of the corners in ACC .

EDIT: wanted to add a picture for clarity. Those green LEDs on the sides were pegged ON through the straight. I have those set for TC events. There was no TC firing at this point, so this is an error of some sort. Never saw this issue on v352.

• That's a known issue which hopefully gets fixed with the next release.

• Hi @Maurice, I was on the driver version 365, performed a firmware update of the wheel base with that driver, and then downgraded to driver version 347. Is that likely to cause problems, because of a mismatched driver and firmware version?

This discussion has been closed.