Can't update motor firmware

just got my CSW V2.5, did the drive install and updated everything but the wheel base motor firmware is showing V0 and when i click update nothing happens, the wheel properties just closes, am i missing something?

Wheel Base Model: CSW V2.5

Steering Wheel Model: BMW M3 GT2

Driver Version: 346

Base FW Version: 664

Motor FW Version: 0

Sorry if this has been addressed already but i could not find anything on the forums.

Comments

• I am having pretty much the same issue except my Motor FW version is 18 and my Driver is 352.

• I expierience issues with firmware every single time I done it. But I have find out that during updates steering wheel must not be connected to the base. After update of base and motor you can connect steering wheel and update firmware inside steering wheel. It works like a charm.

• Does it make a difference whether you start bootloader mode via the Fanatec driver or by pressing and holding the wheel base power button? (Though I cannot remember whether you can update the motor firmware via the second method.)

• Nope that didnt do anything when it comes to the motor FW, thanks for input tho.

• I'm having the same issue with my DD2 - Motor FW is stuck on v26 instead of the latest v38

• well at least I'm not the only one...

• Mine is stuck at 0 too. Has anyone solved this problem?

• Despite uninstalling and reinstalling on my main PC over and over (including removing the devices from Device Manager) I couldn't get it updated using my main PC.

I eventually solved it by using a different computer to install the drivers from scratch so that I could actually see the Fanatec control panel and the motor update.

I only have one PC in my home so I had to do it by installing a Windows 10 virtual machine on my work Mac, and doing it through there.

After doing that, copying the Fanatec control panel shortcut from the VM to my actual PC let me access the control panel on that machine successfully.

• Timothy - Thanks for the info. I hope Fanatec will see this and offer some sort of solution... I gotta find me another PC now, geez.

• You can try to see if the control panel works properly just by downloading and using this shortcut, but if it does not- yeah, I think you'll need another machine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JzIeqwsYP107QPYt3lZiPh-5WdG7p73q/view?usp=drivesdk

• Looks like I will need to find another PC, thanks for the attempt though!

• Tried using an old laptop, but I still get the exact same issue. Press the update tab and everything just closes and nothing happens.

• Sorry to hear it. Seems to be a lottery of which PCs it will work on and which it won't.

• I have the same problem. Would be nice to have a solution to this. I have tried 3 different PC's, different drivers (both official and beta) and nothing lets me update the motor firmware. I'm also stuck at 0 for the firmware.

• hi guys, i had same issues as above and i managed to update the firmware. First after i installed the beta 347 driver, with the base turned off press and hold power button for 8 seconds, that will put the base into bootloader mode and you will have a blue light, and the firmware update window will appear on screen, then update firmware and after it finished i was able to go into fanatec update properties page and click on motor firmware update and the update window appeared, i selected the 22 firmware that I downloaded earlier and hit update. All is good now!

• Roman StiftRoman Stift Member
    edited April 2020

Same her, cannot load hex files. - ClubSport Wheelbase V2.5, Win10

I can connect with the FwBaseUpdaterWindow.exe (Fanatec_64_driver_346.msi) under bootloader mode only after start the base up with pushing for 8 Seconds the start button (can not open the drivers via Gamecontroller menu: "There is a problem setting up the wheel control panel. Please reconnect the device and try again"):

"ClubSport Wheel V2.5 Base detected

Device connected

Selected firmware V662 has been loaded successfully."

But cannot load a different Hex File via "Load Hex File" Button: "Hex file loading failed!"

Nor can i connect to wheel base via FwBaseMotorUpdater.exe: "Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.)."

Can flash the Wheel wuth the "Flash Firmware" with standard setting. Same with 347 drivers.

I can restart the Wheel with the FwBaseUpdaterWindow.exe.

After all I still can not open the "Wheel control Panel" from the gamecontroller.

All testet with and without wheel on the wheelbase.

I am on Win10, tried different (all) USB-Ports on my PC, all USB Drivers are updated.

Beside that: Shame on you, Fanatec! I understand, that you guys are a couple on engineers and only want to work on fancy new things. But your whole customer end is a bloody mess. You got pretty good (it is said...), but very expensive products, but there is a total void of customer support. It need me hours to get into your mess! That's an outrageous impertinence! When a new customer like me go to your homepage for the "latest drivers" via product page, he will get extremly outdated, not working drivers! Pls build in a fuckin link to this Forum instead! Also, if you follow some links to Youtube guides in your Instructions for use: Again very old and outdated. Then i got into this forum and find a official driver thread. Guess what? IT WAS EMPTY! It took ma again a lot of time to figure out, that there is nothing like a official working drivers and that i have to use some beta ones. Whats wrong with you guys? Is there anything working, somewhere?

And please think over your mess with the shipment of your goods. I bought 6 Pieces of gear and you send 6 single packages. All individually packaged again in a second box. I now have a stack of cardboard and packing material, like after getting a new kitchen from IKEA!  Not only is that unnecessarily expensive, think of the environment, you engineers, you're... How do even calculate all your produts? I suspect the worst!

Unbelieveable, what a joke!

• Roman StiftRoman Stift Member
    edited April 2020

Made it! Had to install the 328 drivers, flash the motor and then go back to the newer drivers. BUT all without quiting and restarting Win10. With restarts, I coudnt get to flash the Motor. This took forever! Now i can get via Windows Gamecontroller menu into the drivers for functions test and calibration. Only the handbrake is not found. But i take this meanwhile.

Now I am on driver 346, Wheel Base Firmware 662 and Wheel Base Motor Firmware 22

Have some nice races!

And thanks for not replying, fanatec! That fits perfectly to all I wrote in my first post. Its a shame!

• this is probably one thing I have not done. Should I downgrade my DD2 to 335 (as listed as official driver on the Fanatec website) and then upgrade from there? All the way to 365?