DD1 Cogging?

Hello, when i start my DD1 the wheel has no coging and then after 1 or 2 races, when im in the lobby it has a lot, i dont know if its affectes when i start the race because i need to do more testing, i need to reset the base to make it gone, is this normal behaviur? Iracing. thanks.

Comments

• Steve DuerrSteve Duerr Member
    edited December 2019

I have a DD2 but I do not notice anything like that at all. It feels the same if I race for 5 minutes or 5 hours. How bad is it? I can feel very slight cogging if I look for it but when racing, I feel nothing at all.

• Tengo un DD1 y eso no me pasa, lo que me ha pasado en varias ocasiones es que de repente me he quedado sin respuesta de la dirección, el volante gira pero no hay dirección, tengo que apagar y encender para que vuelva a funcionar....Si te ha pasado algo parecido te agradecería lo compartieras y así poder buscar soluciones...

muchas gracias Victor.!!

CArles.

• I still have cooging issues, for example i start the base then iracing, play a race and then i can feel bumps rotating my wheel, a lot of them, if i power off the wheel and power on again they gone, but i need to restart iracing as i lose my leds of the GT2 doing that, maybe after that coging not apearing again.

Did anyone experience something like this? what cause coging and what can be done to prevent it? its a hardware or a software issue? THANKS

• I feel it too on my DD1 PS4 version, even when not in a game. At the same time there is a fluctuating whining noise from the base when I turn the wheel slowly. The cogging and noise came after I installed the v353 driver and updated the firmware for the base, motor and wheel.

• The thing is mine disapear after reseting the base, its not there when starting it and happens after a while. I hope we get info on this, maybe we need to send back the unit for revision but i want to know if theres a fix or something.

• Just did a test, if i power on the base and wait a few minutes, cogging apears, if i reset base its gone.

• I have the same issue. Has anyone else opened a support ticket?

• I have an RMA open and will ship my unit to Fanatec on wednesday, the wheel rim died/disconnected from the base after an hour in GTSport with the latest firmware.