New DD2 Dropping Out / Loosing Connection

I am having issues with the DD2 loosing connection every so often. 

When I am playing iRacing or Asseta Corsa (only 2 games I really play) in the middle of racing my steering will loose connection, feels like it just drops out, no more resistance, doesn't react to me turning the wheel or keeps turning even though wheel is straight. Also my pedals that are connected to the DD2 will do the same, either stay on the gas when its not pressed or not react to me pressing the pedals. Same with shifting, I have the advanced padel module and it doesn't respond when this happens. The dropouts last between 1 and 2 seconds...a couple times 3 or so seconds. The dropouts are not every time or at certain intervals. Its very random but frequent enough. 

I have tried tried firmware 335 / 346 / 352 all with the same result. Ive also unplugged and reconnected everything a few times, everything feels snug. I have tried different usb ports as well. I have the R300 podium wheel and the Formula V2 wheel and it happens to both wheels. I have the inverted v3 pedals connected to the dd2 also. Ive used recommended settings found on the forums for the different firmwares and tweaked a little but didn't help.

My PC is:

Windows 10 64 bit

ASUS Maximus Hero XI

I9-9900K

32G Memory

1t NVME drive 

RTX2080

All updated

I only use this PC for racing so there isn't much software on it at all.

The DD2 is mounted to a P1-X Sim Lab rig.

I have used all the cables that came with the DD2 and followed the full manual downloaded from this site,

Anyone seen this issue before or know what I can try? I took this whole week off to enjoy this and feeling kinda bummed out now.

Comments

• hola Dustin,

yo tengo un DD1 y me pasa algo muy parecido. El volante y los pedales se bloquean y la base no responde (volante sigue girando solo sin dirección en el coche y pedales no hacen nada, se queda todo como estaba en el momento del bloqueo), tengo que desenchufar directamente porque el botón de encendido tampoco responde y luego funciona bien. Me ha pasado varias veces, hay días que que no ocurre en ningún momento pero otros me falla.

He enviado un aviso al soporte de FAnatec y estoy esperando a ver que me dicen....yo creo que es un fallo de la electrónica y tienen que solucionarlo pero no me hace ninguna gracia que un producto que se supone de gama alta vaya fallando cuando todavía es nuevo.... en fin, a ver que dicen... He instalado y desinstalado la última versión 352 beta pero el fallo sigue ocurriendo a veces....

un saludo y si sabes algo ya lo comentarás, gracias.

Carles.

• I have exactly the same issue.... The Wheel disconnect around 0,5sec randomly and back on normal. It is like a lost of tracking, but when happens nothing works.

I had this issue several time since today, not able to use the DD now...

Some one knows how to downgrade firmware? for the driver it is ok, but next, i don't manage to flash motor on each version i have an error. And i don't understand why there are 3 versions of HEX files? some could help?

P.S : here are my sofware version

• I have may find the solution : Power of usb in "eco mode" in windows 10 settings. cuted out this option and i was able to do 20 laps with no problems at all.

here is on tutorial of how to do it :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqeXGMl5jYc&list=LLbZsNecVP-j74a3WUJ9kSHw&index=2&t=0s

hope that could help guys

• Nope.... the problem is not resolved...

• Yo estoy esperando a ver que contestan los del soporte de fanatec. Sí no me contestan en breve, volveré a escribir y según lo que me digan les exigiré que me cambien la base porque obviamente algo falla y hemos pagado mucho dinero....

ya os informaré

un saludo y feliz año!!

Carles.