I'm really worried now...

I decided to visit the forums for the first time today just to get accustomed as a new Fanatec product owner for repair or general community. I start reading General Discussion thinking I would find a community of like minded race sim enthusiasts but it seem every post is about Horrible customer service and abysmal shipping practices. I'm sitting here with a order in "Warehouse Processing" stage debating if dropping this much money into this company was a good idea. I was told Fanatec was the best but this forum does not comfort me. I just hope I don't wait 2 months to find out if I have dead on arrival products just to have to deal with customer services AGAIN for repair/replacement. Here's to Hoping I guess...

Comments

• you're lucky if it's in warehouse, it should ship, my dates been moved to October (ordered beginning of July) even though the store front says ready to ship. emailed support last week, not holding my breath though

• I thought the forums was just going to be a place where people posted pictures of their rigs and talking about their tuning on games... This whole forum is just people complaining about Customer support. Really isn't a good sign.

• Hi Nichoals, I think Fanatec overall has a good reputation.

A friend and I have both placed several orders and have received them in a timely fashion.

The thing about the forum is that if someones order went well, they don't have a reason to come here and talk about it, so it is stacked a bit towards people who need help, which might lead you to think that everyone needs help, but I don't think that's the case.

It is true that fanatec support is way behind right now - Hopefully you won't need to contact them, and can get basic operational questions answered here.

It's also true that they are nowhere near as polished as say Amazon.com when it comes to shipping speed, customer notifications, returns processing, etc.. From what I can see, they do honor their warranties, requests to return goods within the 14 day return policy, etc.. but in some cases these approvals can drag on a bit as you've seen others mention in the forum.

Now for the most important part...

YOUR STUFF WILL BE AWESOME!!!!

• csl elite xbox bundle (wheel base pedals) and lc kit. the bundle says available now on the website but not available until October on my order, load cell says December 1899, still waiting on a response from fanatec

• I'll pile onto this discussion.

I have ordered my entire setup at different points and i have had both great and not so great experiences. I order a basic setup v2.5 clubsport wheelbase and pedals to start and that shipping labelled was created with a few days and it was on it's way to canada. Now in the last couple months getting the shifter and handbrake has been more difficult. It sounds like they had some production timing issues with their factories and combine that with increased customers and a faulty inventory system and it was a bit a frustrating not knowing the exact date. Everything I have received (still waiting on the shifter that i ordered in may) has been great quality and has been extremely fun to use and I couldn't be happier... especially after trying my buddies thrustmaster setup.

You wont be disappointed with the product but you will have to be have some patience in the process especially given the higher demand.

• I think a lot of it could be remedied if they hired more Customer support. If they responded to peoples concerns on a timely bases and reassured people more all this could be avoided, People seem to wait weeks for them to respond to an email, so they come on here to complain on the forums and even here mods rarely post. In this era of online ordering you would think this would be common practice.

• Yea I have no idea what the deal is. I ordered my bundle a week ago, early in the morning. Early enough to where my order was processed and ready to go, as the item was available/ready to ship. Sent an email and was told "waiting on courier" although I paid for 3 day shipping. Yet, here I am sitting one full week later, no product, and out $1k

• Hola, yo hoy mismo he hecho un pedido de un DD1 y volante porsche gt3, y he estado viendo lo que la gente se queja del servicio que dan.

Por el dinero que he gastado no deberían de tardar más de 1 semana en enviar.