Same wheel?

Hello, I am new to the sim world and are looking to kit myself out. The original bundle I wanted has sold out - https://fanatec.com/eu-en/bundles/csl-elite-f1-set-officially-licensed-for-ps4 but I noticed i can get - https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/csl-elite-racing-wheel-f1-esports

Can anyone confirm if this is the exact same base and wheel as in the set? If it is I can then just oder the CSL Elite pedals and I have the same setup don't I (albeit £50 more)? Was just worried there was something different about the wheel as one says 'Specifically for PS4' and the other wheel is worded slightly differently?!

Thank you!

Comments

• Yep, it’s the exact same wheel.

• Just a comment on this -

If you order that wheel, it's only compatible with PC and PS4/5

If you order these items, it's compatible with PC, PS4/5 and Xbox one/X

Additionally, the "F" above the fanatec logo on the steering wheel above is actually a tiny OLED screen and makes adjustments just a little bit easier, as you'll have a small description of what each setting is. And of course you have a few extra switches - the front has those turn knobs (only 2 are usable in game) and it has the small red up/down toggle switches, and it has the rotary knobs. Oh and this Formula V2 wheel is up-gradable to the 3 lever per side Podium paddle shifters, should that ever interest you in the future.

So basically for an extra 120 Euro, you get xbox compatiblity, plus more switches and upgradeability.

• Nice one, thank you very much! Customer service are just confirming what is and isn't in stock as there seems to be a webstore discrepancy on some items. I held off form the V2 as wasn't sure if I liked the closed bottom, as opposed to the F1 that was open. But the F1 does look very basic in comparison. This is only for a PS4 and F1 2020 BTW.

• Simon BoxSimon Box Member
    edited August 2020

Does that little OLEd show the same info as the F1 wheel? As in gears selection etc? It looks a lot smaller.

Also, it talks about this wheel being 'official Xbox' so will it have Xbox stickers etc on it or have less function on the PS4?