US Site is charging VAT twice for California residents

After registering my account with my home address and attempting to checkout. I noticed that the price which is already calculating my local sales tax, is once again charged sales tax. For a total of 18.4% VAT...

Can you please fix this website bug so I can place my order.

Comments

• David, it looks like the US store's pricing recently changed and that they are now collecting sales tax.

A few months back all the items on the site said 'includes VAT' but that text is no longer present on the US store.

The amount of the tax in your screenshot appears to be correct, if you presume that the product prices did not include tax to begin with.

Additionally, you may want to alter your order as follows:

1) Add that $59 table clamp, it is awesome, and the CSW2.5 does not include a table clamp

2) pay for 2 day shipping - it's usually not that much more expensive, and you'll almost certainly get your items faster.

3) If you're considering buying any of the brake mods, it's cheaper to buy them now, as the shipping on lightweight incremental items is nominal, but the minimum shipping on any 2nd order is I think $12.

• Hey Jack,

So those prices are already including tax, basically their tacking on the same sales tax again on the subtotal.

For instance the CSW 2.5 Wheel Base is $550 Retail pricing before I enter in my CA address.

Thanks for the heads up on the brake mods.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

The price is shown correctly in the checkout. The incorrect item which was "incl. VAT" has been removed. Only California addresses are charged 9.25% sales tax, added at the checkout.

• Thank you!