Lack of information / updates / responses

Hello,

i placed an order last week for items that are all in stock here in the USA.

I can appreciate that these are troubling times and it can be difficult to be as quick and efficient as you normally would be. I’m not trying to be unreasonable.

None the less, the lack of information and updates, and the lack of responsiveness when it comes to the status of our orders is not good enough. If our orders can’t be processed and sent to us in a timely manner, at least give us some expectations as to when we can expect to receive it.

its the least we can expect when we are handing over large sums of money. And it will make me question my decision to go Fanatec when I one day inevitably upgraded to DD.

Comments

• Same boat as you. Ordered a bundle that was available, purchased early in the morning and had my order processed to warehouse the same day. That was last Thursday, I paid for 3 day shipping, and now a week later I'm sitting without my product. I emailed support and the response was "waiting on courier". Yea, so am I, why hasn't my product been shipped off. I payed for a service, that of which was not provided.

• It’s very frustrating. I also ordered last Thursday as well.

• I wish I had better answers, but I do know a bit about how things work so I'll share that in case it helps:

Fanatec doesn't ship partial shipments.

Fanatec has a repair center in the US, but they do not own or operate a warehouse.

Fanatec uses Suddath Logistics a logistics company in California, USA

Suddath is constantly checking in new boxes of merchandise and reporting availability to Fanatic Corporate in Germany.

When you order something - A person in Germany has to review it and compare it to the levels they believe are available in the warehouse.

If your products are all in stock the person in Germany 'releases' your order and sends it to the warehouse for processing.

This triggers the one and only email you'll get from Fanatec during the shipping process, and it will say it's been sent to the warehouse.

Once the warehouse gets it, I'm not 100% certain how they handle it but it does appear that they try to prioritize overnight and 2nd day shipments. It also appears that 'regular' shipments take longer.

For Fedex 2 day shipments, I have gotten an email, from fedex, telling me someone at Suddath created a shipping label.

Beyond that I don't really get any updates email but I can check the fedex site and request further update messages and fedex has sent me text messages.

Thats what I know about the process.

Robert/Kirill - I hope this helps and that you get your equipment soon!

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

There are some synchronization issues with the shipping company, which is causing the delays.

• Fanatec knowingly using USPS despite all of the issues with the mail system is the main reason for shipping delays. They could easily be using Fed Ex and UPS for all their shipments.