CSL Elite LC Rubbers...

Times a question in the round of CSL Elite LC pedal users. With which rubbers you have equipped your LC brake. The pedalway with the hardest rubbers (95's) was still too long for me so I replaced the soft foam in the middle with a 65 rubber. Now I have a brake that has almost no Padelway and I am very happy with it. But I wonder if this foam had any use, because in the Fanatec manual it is always used?

Comments

• The little foam is there to give you the resistance needed, I should say the light resistance needed for trail braking. If you tried trail braking with a rubber in there instead of a foam you wouldn't be is precise with that movement.

You're looking for a different feel maybe a little harder, Maybe trying supplement a different foam in there, but a 65 rubber imo would be too hard.

• HI friends,

Does Anyone know Where can I buy the yellow foam from a CSL ELITE PEDALS? Or a similar material for making one myself?

Thank you very much

• Hi,

If you set it up as 95 all the way and 65 instead of the foam, you will risk very likely breaking the 65, as it will be doing most of the deforming on that setup and it's not really designed to compress that much as the foam. I prefer using the other way around: 85 all and one 95, this way the deformation is spread all across the rubbers.

If you want to use the 95s I would recommend getting a surrogate stiffer ring that is the size of the rubbers and slotting it in.

Also, don't shy away from testing the softer ones. I found my trail braking was way smoother if you have more travel available (specially if you come from a displacement brake). Maybe start from there and keep going stiffer little by little