Shipping to Canada - My experience

I posted this in a comment in another thread but though maybe it deserved its own thread. Here is my experience placing an order and having it shipped to Canada.

The wait is very long but it’s not all Fanatec’s fault. I ordered the F1 bundle which was listed as in stock. So these dates are from “In stock” products, not products that are back ordered. Here’s how long it took me:

• Order placed June 30
  • Received tracking numbers July 9 from”Suddath Global”. To me this seems like Fanatec’s handed the order over to the shipping company. So Fanatec fulfilled the order on their side in 10 days. 
  • Status on USPS said “Waiting for item” until July 20
  • July 20 status changed to “arrived at facility” then “processed through regional facility, en route to destination” all in the same day. To me this is either Suddath being slow, or USPS in LA being slow. I can vision a big USPS warehouse with incoming parcels lined up out the door waiting to be processed for shipping. 
  • the F1 bundle comes in 3 separate boxes. One of the boxes status changed to “cleared Canada customs Vancouver” on August 3, and I received it August 5.
  • the other two boxes only just changed to “cleared Canada customs” today Aug 9. I have not received them yet. To me, I sense a huge queue at Customs as well, and it’s random what boxes they process. 

Note that I am in Alberta, timing might be different if it’s shipping east. Also note that there was $16 duty on the first box not sure if there will be any on the others yet.

So in my mind Fanatec did an ok job in this situation. Yes they are being slow but 7-10 days to process an order during a PANDEMIC is pretty good. The rest is on the shipping company, USPS, and Canada customs, which has been over a month. No comment on taking orders for back ordered products, that’s a whole other situation that there are already many threads about.

Comments

• I'm in Alberta as well and I have orders that well over a month late are are still "In transit".

• Hi, I am from Montreal , ordered more then 2 weeks ago and still waiting them to ship it, it says the order has been processed, but that's it. when i ordered everything was in stock , now the wheel is in back order, so don't know if it will ship soon. Sent 2 emails and no reply from fanatec.

• It takes a long time. I ordered in stock items May 29th and received the last of three packages on July 24th. The post included below has similar experience of other Canadian customers as well. Do not expect any customer service or support from Fanatec.

Make sure to sign up for notifications with Canada Post, when your packages clear customs they will notify you if you will need to pay duty, which you can pay online to get home delivery otherwise you will have to pick-up at local post office depot and pay duty. I only had to pay duty on one of three packages.

• Same situation for me. I ordered July 20th. All items in stock when I ordered. Still listed as "Order has been processed". Have not received any tracking numbers. Sent several emails as well.

• I am in Alberta as well, ordered July 20th. Received "warehouse processing" email on July 27th. At this point my order status changed to "Order has been processed" on the Fanatec site. This status still has not changed as of today, and I still haven't received tracking numbers. So, my experience so far has been pretty negative, and I've received nothing to make me think this is anything other than Fanatec being slow.

• I'm in Alberta and see similar wait times. what i don't understand is why can they not send all the products all together in one package. I ordered a steering wheel universal hub and a wheel. I've received the universal hub but am still waiting for the wheel. Just doesn't make sense to me. Now i'll have to pay duties 2x and run to the post office twice to pick it up. Amazon can ship multiple products in on e box Fanatec should be able to as well.🤔

• They just don't care. CEO has provided the excuse list for employees to maintain terrible (zero) customer service. He has never acknowledged the need or indicated they are making changes to improve customer service, just provided excuses for how terrible they are. They have your money before you know how terrible the experience will be, if they did not charge you until the product was ready to ship everyone would cancel, but this way they have you hostage, which does not require customer service, just phone lines with no answer and emails that do not get responded to with any useful information. They do not see a need to improve their inventory or logistics. FEDEX or UPS to Canada would be a simple improvement if they cared.

• It's kinda brutal. I'm in British Columbia, placed an order for 3 items on February 22, recieved one today. Which isn't bad, but no tracking numbers for the other 2 items, no idea where they are or if they'll come at all. No confidence in the customer support either from what I've heard about it. Pretty stressful experience considering the cash you have to lay down