Help me choose rounded wheel

Hi guys, I need a little help. I play only on PS4 (and PS5 soon) mostly GT Sport, but also DiRT Rally 2, AC/ACC.

Recently I bought CSL Elite + base with F1 Esport wheel (PS4 version) and CSP V3 pedals with BPK. All working great and I am very happy with it so far.

Now I'm thinking to buy some rounded wheel.

So, P1 is out, no quick release.

BMW wheel is heavy for my base (at least, that is main false I can read) and I prefer leather, I don't like alcantara.

So, my choice comes down to Porsche RSR and Clubsport R330 with Universal Hub.

Porsche is very similar to BMW wheel but is lighter and have normal leather.

R330 looks nice, but I don't know what is the total weight of wheel with all things attached?

What is yours pros and cons for each wheel, which one you would choose for Playstation and CSL Elite + base?

Does anyone here using wheel with Universal Hub and this CSL base on PS4?

Thanks in advance 🍻

Comments

• One thing to remember about weight is that it's far more impactful the further out it is, so the extra weight of the Universal hub doesn't have as much impact as you might think since so much of it is in the center.

I have the Porsche 918 RSR wheel and it is beautiful.

I would suggest the 918 wheel over the R330, it's 10mm smaller, and has the extra joystick (R330 only has the funyswitch, no analog switch))

That said, it should be pointed out that if you get the R330, you can substitute any wheel rim later and the rims aren't that expensive (most are $130) That could give you a path to experiment with leather, suede, flat bottom, all round etc..

• Thanks Jack. I found weigth for the Universal hub parts and looks like it's heavier than bwm wheel 😕 (button box and lever x4, big shifter and switch unit x2, hub, display, funky switch and lever, cover and wheel). 500g more than Porsche RSR

• I chose The R330. I can change The wheel rim if i want was The main reason for me to go with that. Porsche wheels led lights on top bothered me. Porsche does look awesome. R330 does feel huge after G29 and then F1 wheel.

• Yeah, those lights can be annoying. I hope they will bring dim option in future updates

• I wish you could turn the rev-lights off on the wheel and base in ALL games. Not sure why this isnt already an option on the internal wheel settings menu...

Seems logical since most of the time you can have rev-lights in the game on-screen. I feel most racers that purchase a wheel setup will mostly play in the cockpit mode or dash cam...

Anyway, a little tape works or disconnecting the LED'S from the board but Id rarher have the option in the menu.

• The question is : will the whell Porsche rsr be compatible with the Playstation 5 ?

• If you plan to upgrade to the DD1 or dd2 in the future, i would strongly recommend the podium quick release adapter. So many choices of wheels of better quality. I thought my porsche 918 rsr wheel was of good quality and it looks and feels it until you use it on the DD1. It has a tremendous amount of flex, the wheel feels like its made of all rubber and will snap. Luckily mine hasn't broken but i cant imagine it'll last long at even 50% torque. Im getting the adapter and aftermarket wheel. It felt solid as can be until putting such force on it. Unfortunate for a $400 rim.

• No, unfortunately (or fortunately 😁) DD1 is out of my pay grade so I will stay on this base. Just need a proper wheel, which will cost same as the base (or even more) 🤣