Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• 2 new Spades files added. Also with improved bump and curbs feel Grimey!!!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files
  • Thanx But Im Happy with My FFB settings... I Tried them but No Good for Me i Get More Feel out of Mine... My wheel FFB 75% FOR 110 and The Steering sens Varys per car but i use 720 DOR on the BMW Gt2.... Tty it... i use Same FFB settings all cars just Diff DOR and if the Car seems Light i turn FFB up on the Masters or the Wheel.
  • I have been playing PCars all night on my ps4 with CSW V2, CSP V2 and BMW rim.
    I plugged in usb when ps4 was in rest mode, pushed the purple(X) button to start. And first I went trough all settings, especially controller mapping..really neat to have so many buttons to a sign.
    I'm having NO problems at all with driving with my Fanatec setup...boyyyyie WHAT a rush!!!!

I have the same setup than you. For me the game is unplayable right now. Totally bugged FFB. The game is in its box and I am waiting for a patch. I can't believe the current CSW V2 support can be called FFB, it is more random impulses sent to motors.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2015

Natalie...as a beta tester...you can't stop playing on XOne with the new hub...hahahaha

Has FM5 good FFB feel support for the XOne hub Natalie ?

I said "console" ... Not plural ;)
    I believe that the FFB defaults have been changed in the latest update for PC and these changes will follow through to the consoles too (in later patches) so FFB will always be a moving target.

I've been doing direct comparisons of PCars using the same car, same track, same settings, same hardware etc etc etc on all 3 platforms recently and I "can" say that Project Cars on "PC" is alright, however, I've stopped playing on console entirely until some patches/fixes are released.

Came 4th in the NG TT though ;)
    What are your main problems with the Fanatec CSW on the PS4, Natali?

I would really appreciate a reply to this question and you're in a unique position where you've compared them and I would love to know exactly what the PS4 version is lacking compared to the PC version. 

And when you say "alright", I'm guessing you're not too impressed with Project Cars FFB on PC relative to other PC sims?

Thanks in advance! :)

PCars on PC is good (Think Quagmire) Alllllright! ... Giggidy ;)

The PS4 version is the version I'm using the least at the moment. I don't currently go online with PSN (just post times/ghosts etc) and i honestly can't deal with the AA on the PS4 version. Unfortunately it makes me feel dizzy, sick and disorientated. But that's my fault.

The FFB though is by no means bad, it's just a little bit buggy at the moment, but buggy enough to make me not play, and wait until it's all patched up. I think that in apx one month, this game will likely get a second wind (like DC)

If the PS4 version sorts out the AA (patch coming in a few weeks according to SMS website) and the FFB defaults are tweaked slightly, and the bugs ironed out, then that version of the game will be spectacular.

I would like to see SMS do the following:
    Patch 1 - Fix AA, known game breaking bugs, update FFB
    Patch 2 - Nothing but raw optimisation!
    Patch 3 - Add features requested by the nation and more optimisation!

Then start adding content!
    If this is done, I can honestly say that this will be the BEST racer available on console, and the noticeable differences between console version and PC will be very little (relatively speaking)

I can't say much about the XBO version... Except this!
    There is a button on the front page of Fanatec.com where people can order a HUB for XBO. Click it now! :D

Has FM5 good FFB feel support for the XOne hub Natalie ?

Also I would love to know this. I currently have my Xbox One collecting dust and am about to sell it. 

But if Forza 5 FFB is good... I'd 110% hang onto it. 

Remember Forza 6 and F1 2015 too ;)

Lets put it this way...
    I'm ordering 2 XBO HUBS with rims at full RRP! Read into that what you will ;)
    Just wanted to say...
    Bye guys x
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Just wanted to say...
    Bye guys x
    Where are you going Nat? or are you just enjoying the wheel so much that you are consumed to the dark side LOL
    edited May 2015
    I'm going on holiday ... outside of the house!
    I had no idea that the big TV looking thing behind the curtains was not a live feed of a nature program, it was in fact REAL LIFE!

I'm just nipping away for work trip and a holiday so I'll be back soon ;)
    Testing is going well (you guys are in for a treat) grimey is on the FFB settings and when I return he better have THE ULTIMATE V2 FFB guide up in a text file ;)

Xx
  • edited May 2015
    Natali Im working on it as i type :-B
  • Hi guys ,
    I'm looking for an EU code for CSW V2 to complete my order .

Any help much appreciated .. [email protected]

THX !!
  • The day after the announced ship date of May 28, I get this. I just hope the delay is because they are fixing something.
    "Dear Valued Customer,
    Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for CSW RUHX / ClubSport steering wheel Universal Hub for XBOX ONE is 06/03/2015 now.
    You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.
    Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards
    FANATEC webshop"
  • The day after the announced ship date of May 28, I get this. I just hope the delay is because they are fixing something.
    "Dear Valued Customer,
    Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for CSW RUHX / ClubSport steering wheel Universal Hub for XBOX ONE is 06/03/2015 now.
    You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.
    Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards
    FANATEC webshop"
    Don't quote me on this but I'd bet it's a customs/import issue. They'd have to be that close to make the new date. These ship by boat and that takes a considerable amount of time. Just my .02
  • Shipping from California. At least that is where my V2 base was shipped from. Though it arrived there from China, so could be a hold up there. No matter. It will get here when it does. I've given up caring. 

• I just bought a laptop @ http://www.laptop-kopen.nl but i7 with 6 usb but on none of the usb the ruddle worked. 

I7-8cores
    32GB
    geforce GTX 980 series
  • edited May 2015
    The WHAT didn't work?
    If you like me to help you in Dutch language, if I can, just send me a pm Samanta
  • after several attempts to get the firmware update to take the v2 finally it took and unfroze. i am stoked .project cars on ps4 is so nice.i was ready to jump off a bridge. believe it or not i was actually filming the entire process for fanatec to show them what was happening and holy snit was i suprised when the damn thing actually started working.it feels better than ever. thanx anyways fanatec tech support.i think im good.
  • ok this is a simple question and sorry if its a dumb one

Q; i am in the market for a racing wheel for an Xbox One, is there such a thing ?

Fanetec on of course

• Hey Jon,

At the moment there's only 1 option available to play with Fanatec on XOne.
    You need a CSW base V1, V1,5 or V2....the XOne HUB..AND a seperate steering wheel like the Fanatec GT rim, Flat rim etc. OR a Momo, Sparco etc.

SOMEWHERE in the future the possibility excists that Fanatec will come with a CSR ELITE like wheel for XOne, but NO ONE knows or won't tell you when.
    Just go to the product site and be amazed by the long pre order waiting list for the CSW V2, XONE HUB, CSP V2 etc.
    Good luck...
  • after several attempts to get the firmware update to take the v2 finally it took and unfroze. i am stoked .project cars on ps4 is so nice.i was ready to jump off a bridge. believe it or not i was actually filming the entire process for fanatec to show them what was happening and holy snit was i suprised when the damn thing actually started working.it feels better than ever. thanx anyways fanatec tech support.i think im good.
    Nice to know your all set and going Lisa...I knew it would work. I think it has to do something with your pc!

• thank you Antoine :)

looks like mad catz then ;)

• You can't compare mad crapz to Fanatec Jon...lol...as to materials and feel that is...lol
  • ha yes , i have researched a little and Fanetec looks better build (wich is why it would have been my preferance).

however i can get a mad catz pro for less than £200 :)

• the funny thing is i tried 3 different pc's and the same thing happened over and over.i needed the serial number to get a response from fanatec's online tech support so i took it off its mount to get the number off the bottom and while unatatched i tried 2 different tower pc's in the house just out of shear desperation and it still made no difference.locked up tight as a drum. fanatec got back to us and asked us to record it happening and email it over. i said no problem.while taping the process from beginning to end the damn thing started working. it was like the 10th time was the charm.Ive been too busy to race much lately but i did want to say that fanatec did get back to me proptly by email.thanks again
  • Than I think it's a calibration error ? If I don't calibrate it the way it's supposed to be done my wheel locks up too! Have to do the whole update steps over..
  • edited June 2015

68 on the Leader Board!!!
    Tweek Time Over the PS4 Leader Board Assault Has Begun!!! With a Good FFB tune i Dont See the Need to Tune and Tweek the Cars Suspention... I Can Feel Every Bump Shift and Slide!!!
  • edited June 2015

Check the Slide dont seem like it but i was able to Counter Steer out of what shoulda been a Nasty Spin!!!!

Check it out in the Next Video

• Same video Different Camera... Look How Easy i was able to Catch and Counter steer that Slide!!! Even with the Slide that put me at 123 on the Leader boards!!! Car is Stock untuned Suspention!!! Maybe i will Tweek a Car and See if it Makes a Difference.
  • Nice work grimey looking forward to seeing results of this combines with car tweaks
  • Not Bad for a Untuned Car!!! All the Wheel Tweeking is paying Off.

I will be adjusting my Tweek for Front wheel Drive cars... Stay Tuned!!! Uuuugh the Ford Focus Drives like a Pig!!! But ima Tweek and Fix that... LOL
  • I'm still here Grimey...the XOne bugs are more annoying to me than the ps4 bugs are...so I'll be on ps4 for sure until patch anyway !!!
  • Grimey...very weird thing happened..I still have 094 on the HUB. ABS set to off, and was driving a Rookie comp...all of the sudden when pushing hard and long, extreme rain, I felt the brake vibrating...