Xbox Setup

Hi all,

I was looking at upgrading from my Logitech G920 setup and it seems to be a headache, is it all really worth it, will I save a little bit of time with a better setup? lol

I have decided on the Elite loadcell brakes but regarding the bases and f1 wheels for the xbox they seem very very limited, any ideas on what I can do wheel and base wise? is there an alternative f1 wheel I can use on a fanatec base?

I liked the attached bundle but seems wheel wont work with xbox ?! arghhhhh rather frustrating.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

The Formula V2 works great and as for being limited, you have much more flexibility with Xbox since all bases are compatible with Xbox when using a Xbox supported wheel..

• The bases aren't the issue to be honest, it's the wheels as the only nice F1 wheels are very expensive, the Formula V2 wheel isn't cheap yet it's the cheapest for xbox.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Yeah for F1 wheel bundles with load cell your current set is the best option.

• what do you mean current set?

• Hamish RossHamish Ross Member
    edited August 2020

Also don't forget - whilst the Fanatec F1 V2 rim is great - the thumb encoders, 2-way switches, MPS and some of the buttons don't work when playing codemasters F1 2020 game with an Xbox. This is not a Fanatec or Codemasters issue - it a well documented Microsoft limitation on Xbox - see here or just google it

Also I tend to agree with the following post by Douglas Thompson - may be a good idea to wait and see how things develop - see post here by Douglas Thompson

Also maybe just (a very big MAYBE JUST!!) the upgraded Fanatec McLaren GT3 Rim (for Xbox) may come back - but still with the Microsoft limitations when playing Codemasters F1 game - but less buttons - it's also a great wheel