BMW M3 Wheel with the red QR is flexing

as title ive noticed the last bit of days its beginning to flex more and more. after taking the wheel off base the base is rock solid but the qr part itself vs the rim itself is looser than it was when i first bought this csl base and wheel. im aware its most likely wear but if theres anything i can do maybe tighten some screws it would be awesome. its an amazing wheel and i really dont want it to die on me. i tried tightening the screws inside next to the pins (EXTREMELY CAREFUL) 2 of them were a bit loose but it feels like it only helped a tiny bit. after much deliberation and thoughts it feels/looks like the rim itself vs the red qr is kinda loosening from themselves.

please help and thanks in advance

Comments

• My BMW rim was flexing like this.

I submitted a support ticket and they had me RMA it. Have not herd anything back yet. They have had the wheel for about a week now.

• edited September 2020

Bryce- That looks like its a seperate issue to me. Seems like the hub and body stay relatively still while the rim goes all over. You tried tightening the screws on the front? I have yet to take mine apart but I imagine this is a simple fix.

To the op, have you installed the centering screw?

• Hey buddy. I had the same issue last night.

open up the front face (6 screws)

find the 4 I show in the pic, they secure the frame next to the shifters. Slide an Allen key in the home and tighten all 4. Problem solved.

hmu if you need help. (Rcnick on Instagram)