incorrect availability information

So i ordered a Clubsport V2.5 base and BMW Wheel back in July. At the time the items availability was 14th August no worries, but after seeing other people having ordering issues i decided to get into contact with Fanatec to see if the availability date of the 14th August was correct.

On the 5th August i got a response saying the scheduled shipping of the 14th august was correct. A week later the pre-order date on the website changed to the 17th of September but in my account under the my orders part the pre-order date stayed the 14th August so a bit confused i sent another email to Fanatec and on the 12th of August i got a response saying that the 14th August was still the scheduled shipping date.

Now on the 18th August still not shipped and in my account under the my orders part the pre-order date has now changed to the 17th September for the wheel base and the BMW wheel just says pre-order underneath it.

What i want to know is what changed in the 2 days between the 12th August and 14th August that my items are "delayed" a month. Just a little bit of honesty around the availability dates would be nice, if it was never going to be available on the 14th August Just say so. I am hoping the 17th September date is wrong and it will be shipped a lot sooner.

On a positive note i ordered some clubsport V3 pedals on the 8th August shipped on the 11th August and arrived yesterday the 17th August so given the current pandemic circumstances i was pretty happy with that.

I am in Australia by the way (Just to give an idea of the region)

Comments

• So the problem is that Fanatec does not ship partial shipments - all items need to be in stock at the same time.

This can be problematic if one item goes out of stock as another comes in stock, which it sounds like might have happened.

The good news is, all customers get their orders eventually, so there's no worry that you won't get it, but I understand the waiting on something you're eager to get is very frustrating.

• Chris FinlayChris Finlay Member
    edited August 2020

But they were ordered as a set, i didnt add 2 items to my cart i added the one bundle. so in theory if they go by that model i may never get my items because the base will come in stock but the wheel is out of stock so they wont send but then the wheel comes back in stock but the base is out of stock.

If that is the model they use they need to remove the bundles on their site as they are advertising items and availability that is incorrect/false

• edited August 2020

Yep... ENDOR are a disgrase

Fanatec/Endor delivered me the Porche club sport wheel that I didnt order, So someone was missing a 600 Australian dollar wheel. I contacted the sales team and you would have thought it was my fault the wrong Item arrived. Here i am doing the right thing here and they make you feel like crap. The rudeness alone was enough to put me off dealing with them again. I could have said nothing and kept or sold the rim but NO i feel bad for who ever did pay for it. They deserve to get what they paid for. The Australian shipping company contacted me (Much better response and attitude....Thank you Samantha you were fantastic) and I returned the wheel rim.

Then I pre Order the V2.5 Three available dates later I cancelled the order. I believe it has changed again looking at the web store.

I then pre-ordered (29July) the DD1 with 14th Aug date ,That changed to 27th Aug ok I can handle a few weeks delay and now today it changed to 17 Sept. another month, (Please)

I am done with this I have cancellled my order Sold my BMW Rim (NEW in the Box Never even opened) in minutes on ebay for a small profit.

If you pre order from Fanatec you are giving them in my case 2K Aud. as an interest free loan. They have messed me around way to many times now.

Today I ordered the simexperience Direct drive, and it is shipping today.

So over Fanatec and the non existent customer service.

NEVER AGAIN Fanatec

• This just happened to me too. Ordered DD1 on the 4th August with availability date 27th August. Now it is pushed out to 17th September.

Well done with Keeping Australian Customers in the loop FanaFail.

• I ordered the same bundle on July 4th plus the F1 steering wheel, everything was listed to ship on July 24th.

I have never received the tracking number and the order show ups as open, but yesterday I received a package with the 2.5 wheel base, so I am not sure if they really ship all together.

• Just an update for everyone.

My order has now shipped. Should arrive by the end of the week depending how slow Aus Post decide to go

Although no real explanation was given the communication from the Fanatec team was fairly prompt, majority of the time when i sent an email in the morning (Australian time) i would get a response later that night (Australian time) and this was due to the timezone differences.

One other thing about my order was the warranty period started on my order date the 23/7 which is over a full month ago even though i still haven't received my items. so instead on a 12 month warranty I will get approximately 10.5 months warranty