DIY Shifter with Fanatec wheel base

Hello, I'm owner of Podium DD1, Podium Hub and Podium Advanced Paddle Module.

I have an old DIY shifter (I don't really need H shifter only simple on/off shifter) and I would like to connect it directly to DD1 base to map shifter and paddles in the 'same' input.

I understand I need a RJ12 connection but I would apreciate somebody could send wiring diagram to connect it:

• Up shifting
  • Down shfting
  • Ground

Thanks so much for your support.

Kind regards,

Marc

Comments

• Hey Marc,

I was planning to do the same and during my research I came through this which provides what we'd need and more.

My understanding from it is that given that pin 4 and 5 has internal pull-ups on shifter #2 port, we would only need three wires to the shifter (push, pull and gnd). I'm yet to try this myself though.

-Aidil

1. GND
    2. low = H-pattern, high = sequential
    3. internally shorted to pin 2
    4. X axis (H-pattern); lever push (sequential)
    5. Y axis (H-pattern); lever pull (sequential)
    6. VCC

• Hi guys !

I know the post is old but I can't find a solution to mount my two fanatec shifters (1 on H mode at the bottom + 1 on SQ mode further upper), this shifter is definitely too big.... and I was asking myself if I could find a way to connect another sequential shifter (DIY, FrexGP, Aiologs, Heusinkveld...) directly to a Fanatec wheel base ?

Even if we could send the right push / pull signals to the wheel base, it needs to know that something is connected to it before anything ? If the wheelbase is not aware that a shifter is connected to it nothing will happen ?

Has anyone succeeded something like that ?

• Have you tried researching DRIVEHUB?