ClubSport shifter and Logitech G920 combo?

Hi,

After Googling for answers, I've not yet found a conclusive Yes or No answer to this. I have access to the older gen Clubsport Shifter (non-sequential capable) and would like the opportunity to use it with my Logitech wheel and pedals.

I'm under the assumption that I need the ClubSport USB Adapter, but would I also require an RJ12-RJ12 cable for connection between the Shifter itself and the USB adapter hanging out the back of the PC?

Secondly, is there anywhere to source the ClubSport USB Adapter from with a sensible delivery? I don't mind paying twenty Euros for the part itself - but then paying the same amount again for delivery is a bit ridiculous. More so that I could be spending 40+ Euros on something that might not even work to begin with, in the setup that I'm after.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Darren.

Comments

• Darren,

I too had a Logitec G920, loved it except for the shifter. Got a Clubsport shifter for my birthday, along with the USB adaptor thinking I could connect the Logitec Wheel/Pedals and the Shifter each to my XBox One. Sadly , no. After lots of research I learned from Fanatec tech support that the clubsport shifter does not work with the G920 period. The USB adaptor is really just for PC connectivity. My best advice, buy a complete Clubsport kit. You will be happy once it is all up and running. The Clubsport shifter is amazing. Start with low tension, slowly increase tension until you stop missing gears.

• Hi Todd,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I gave it a go anyway and attached the ClubSport shifter to my frame, along with a set of Elite v1 pedals.

I bit the bullet and bought the USB adaptor from Fanatec (along with the ridiculously over-priced delivery charge!) but purchased the required RJ12 cable from eBay instead. The idea of paying yet another inflated delivery charge on top for that, was a step too far.

Anyways, it turned out that the load cell in the brake pedal was failing too. It couldn't consistently record a smooth input..... nothing, nothing, 100%, maybe nothing - so again, eBay came to the rescue with a £9.95 replacement.

Once connected up, the Fanatec software recognised both the pedal set and the Shifter and left the wheel inputs well alone for the Logitech Gaming Software.

Since then, all has been good. Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione work really well with the minimal of configuration. DiRT Rally 2.0 however is horrendous - I feel like I'd have more feedback driving an 18-wheeler than a super nimble rally car that the inputs are supposed to represent. That clearly will need some work!

I'm quite curious to try it with the likes of the Truck Simulator - see how it fairs with that.

My setup prior to any cable management being done...