Poorly performing brakes

I have a Fanatec CSL Elite base and Club Sport V3 pedals. I have seen posts here dealing with brake pressure, how hard you need to step on the pedal. My problem is no matter how hard I press the brake pedal, my brakes do not seem to stop or slow the car effectively. They don't lock up but they also don't stop the car. There must be an adjustment to correct this but I can't find it.

Comments

• Does BRF do anything to help/hurt? (setup option on the wheel)

• I will check it out. Thanks

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Open the Fanatec driver window and verify your pedal ranges on the main page. You might need to calibrate the Min/Max points and as Jack mentioned dial in your Brf. Higher number (more pressure required) Lower number (less pressure)

• I have calibrated my wheel pretty often. The Brf number was 60. I lowered it to 50 and then 55. It made the pedal sort of mushy. I raised it to 70 and I kept locking the brakes up. I then lowered it to 65. I think it's pretty close. Thanks to both of you for the help.

• I have basically the same set up. CSL Elite base (PS4) and just yesterday got my new pedal set, the beautiful CS V3 pedals to replace the standard 2-pedal set that previously came with the CSL Elite PS4 starter bundle.

I didn't adjust the red preload screw but left as it came which I believe is at the minimum preload position or somewhere close to that. With it as it came I also found the brakes tension to to be very stiff which makes slowing or stopping the car in-game difficult. To begin with I would like to adjust the red preload screw to make it not as stiff and therefor easier to depress but I'm not sure which position to rotate and adjust the screw to. Do I raise it higher or lower. Which position makes it easier to depress/less tension?...... The "Minimum preload setting" (lower position), or the "Maximum preload setting" (higher position)?

• If you are in iRacing make sure you set the brake factor (in the iRacing settings menu) to zero. With the V3 pedals you do not need any in game influence on the pedals. If this is set to anything other than zero, the brakes will have issues.