CSL Elite PS4 Not Detected

Hello everyone,

After several weeks of waiting for my products, I am now experiencing issues with the CSL Elite wheelbase. My ClubSport V3 Pedals are getting detected and I can configure the different pedals, but my CSL elite wheelbase is not being detected at all even though it's in PC mode. It starts up, moves the steering wheel around, but is not detected by my computer. One of my biggest suspicions is that the usb cable that it came with it is faulty. Whenever I plug my wheelbase in via USB I get no sound from Windows that something has been plugged in. However, with the Clubsport V3 Pedals, I do get a sound.

I tried installing the latest beta version, no luck.

Going back to previous beta version, no luck.

I am currently updating windows 10 to its most current version, not sure if this will help, but I have been troubleshooting for the past 5 hours and I am starting to give up.

If you have any advice for me, please comment.

Comments

• Have you tried exchanging the USB-cables?

• On the instructions, it states not use any other USB cables than the ones provided by Fanatec to prevent damages to the hardware. I was considering using a different USB than the one provided by Fanatec, but I do not want to injure the hardware when it could simply be a beta driver issue.

I am also not sure if you're implying that I should try exchanging the brake USB connector with the wheelbase USB connector?

• Owen BourdonOwen Bourdon Member
    edited September 2020

UPDATE:

So I plugged the USB connector for the wheelbase into my Pedals and I can confirm that the USB connector that came with the wheelbase, does indeed work. I also updated windows to the latest version, which did not help.

What does this mean? This means one of two things, there is a driver issue that is resulting in my computer not detecting the wheelbase, or the actual USB Port plug in on the back of the CSL Elite is broken and needs to be fixed.

However, from the outside looking in, the USB port on the wheelbase appears to be intact and very stable; the port does not seem like it is loose.

I have already contacted Fanatec support and I am awaiting an answer.

I really do believe that this is a driver issue because I found someone with exactly the same problem as me on Reddit, but the solution he used did not work for me. His directions were to: install the latest beta driver, restart the computer, remove the steering wheel, power down the wheelbase, hold the power button for around eight seconds until you launch into bootstrapping mode, and then the wheel should get detected. This did not work for me, and as mentioned previously, when I held the power button down after turning it off, the wheelbase began to flash blue and red until I pulled the power supply cable out.

• UPDATE 2:

I have come to the conclusion that the wheelbase is broke and the issue is not related to the driver. Where the USB is located on the back of the wheelbase is also where the RJ-12 ports are located. What I noticed is that when I removed the USB connection out of my ClubSport V3 pedals and connected the RJ-12 between the pedals and the wheelbase, is that the pedals nor the wheelbase appeared. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that the USB port and the RJ-12 ports are not working on the wheelbase.

• UPDATE 3:

I AM A MORON. The whole time I had the wheel base mounted to my cockpit, I never noticed that the USB port and handbrake port on the wheel base are completely bent and about to break. I also found evidence of where the wheel base was dropped, which most definitely caused the ports to be bent. Before the wheel base had gotten to me, someone in the factory must have dropped it and then decided to ship it anyways. Fanatec has some explaining to do, plus, thank god I have warranty.

• Owen BourdonOwen Bourdon Member
    edited September 2020

Photos:

I never noticed the damage done to it because my sim racing cockpit sits in a dark corner of my room. You can clearly see the stress markings in the plastics where it was dropped, and look at that RJ-12 Handbrake port! Almost blown out of the socket.

I am very disappointed currently because I wasted hours upon hours trying to find a solution to the problem when it was blatantly in front of me. This explains why my computer was not recognizing the device, it was because the device was F-ing broken before I even got my hands on it.

Hopefully Fanatec support will get back to me soon and I can get a new one or have this one fixed. Very unfortunate, but I am going to keep my head up. However, it is sad because I have only had this product for one day and it was not even me who broke it lol.

• Update 4:

Fanatec responded to my support claim very quickly, and I have arranged for the wheelbase to be shipped back. Fanatec is sending me a brand new wheel base, which is much appreciated!