Fanatec csl elite paddle shifter issues

Hi guys I recently purchased the fanatec csl elite wheel and pedal bundle. Unfortunately the right upshift paddle has a different feel and has been getting physically stuck midway and causing me to be unable to shift up in game. I've literally only had the wheel for 2 weeks and it's just randomly started doing this. Has anyone else had similar issues?

I have contacted supported and I am awaiting a response I understand they are very busy at the moment.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

You have taken the right steps in contacting support? You can try to using some compressed air in case there is something obstructing the movement however it most likely will require rma.

• Hi Joseph yeah I have contacted support via the website I sent it to them about 4 days ago now still awaiting a response. That's a good idea I will try compressed air but I think it's something internal as I've not even used it that much. Can they not send me some new paddles to fit? having to rma it is a right pain :/.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Yeah sorry to hear that. They are backed up right now and those shifter paddles would most likely need to be done on their end.

• Yeah it's a shame as everything else has worked flawlessly. Ok thanks for your help I will just wait to hear back from them now.

• Was just coming to say I've been experiencing similar issues and found this thread.

My set up is the CSL Elite for PS4 Starter Kit Bundle base and wheel. I've had mine longer though. Approx 2 years I think. The problem started happening recently 1-2 weeks....intermittently.

When I press the paddle to upshift as normal sometimes it would engage and upshift....other times it would get stuck remaining on the gear and I would have to press it again (sometimes with more pressure and/or at another position along the paddle and hope the gear changes). Sometimes it does, sometimes not...and then again if it does by the time it changes I lose some positions in the race or whatever trying to play catch up. It's very frustrating. It's happening more so with the right/upshift paddle than the left/downshift paddle.

I've just now taken a cue from an earlier advice on this thread and sprayed some compressed air. I haven't dismounted the wheel though but sprayed some compressed air in the groove where the paddle joint movement is though the space is limited.

Sending it in for RMA is not an option at this point because it's long out of warranty. My options most likely is trying to fix it myself or buy a new wheel.

Is there any further advice anyone can offer in trying to get this sorted out so I can get the gears changing again as they normally used to?

• I recommend not to buy a P1 V2. Mine went wrong after 4 months only!

And i use the wheel for few hours in a week, almost just for ETS 2 and paddles used for Volume level of the radio