Podium Hub causing DD1 to "Bootloop"?

I have a DD1 wheel base with both a Formula F1 and Porsche 911 wheel.

The F1 wheel works correctly, however when I attach the Porsche 911 wheel my DD1 Base seems to "Boot loop".

Hard to explain exactly what's going on - see the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzCzDGFkXhs

The OLED screen on both the wheel, and the wheel base are flicking off and back on every 1-2 seconds, resetting back to the "High Torque" warning screen. Even if I manage to bypass the torque warning, the base reboots straight away and it comes back.

I've torn down the Porsche 911 wheel to just the Podium Hub, and the issue appears to occur even if I just connect the hub without the paddle or button modules connected - so it looks like the Podium Hub itself is probably the issue.

I've contacted support, but have yet to receive a response. In the meantime - has anyone else had this issue before? Is there a firmware update that might resolve it, or is it looking like an RMA?

(I did search both the forum and FAQs, but didn't find any mention of similar issues)

Driver 356 / WB 670 / Motor FW 38 / Hub FW 2

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Best bet was to contact support however have you tried starting the base without any wheel or hubs attached?