[RESOLVED] SQ1.5 Reverse/7th gear issue?

Matt CollinsMatt Collins Member
edited March 2020 in Fanatec Other

Shifter slots into 1-6 no problem.

With reverse its pretty reliable.

7th is really agricultural - massive clunks and clicks, sometimes catches on the H slot for sixth.

Im pressing it down same as for reverse.

Is this smooth for anyone? Is mine perhaps damaged and needing repair?

Thanks.

Comments

• You could check whether lubrication is still sufficient. If it's still within warranty, I would first contact Fanatec Support to discuss.

• In case anyone else runs into this, I believe this was the cause:

One of my mounting bolts was impeding the 'switch' to shift between sequential and H mode

The switch was sliding all the way back (apparently) and engaging H, but sitll impeding the 7th gear

By winding out the bolt the switch went back about 2mm more - and now 7th is far easier

I also wound out the friction lug a little, which didnt alter the primary cause, but has helped smooth the shifts a little too.

• hello everyone

i have got my v1.5 shifter for 3 weeks now and when i push 1st gear to the left it goes in reverse but i am not in the reverse slot

i think this is a calibration problem but i cannot calibrate it because i do not have a fanatec steering wheel

i have seen some videos on youtube where you have to center a magnet inside but i really don't want to open it

could anyone help me please ?

• if you have any question about my comment above ask me

• a found it

• How did you fix this? This is the issue with mine. It's brand new and had this issue. I'm using it via USB as well as I don't have a fantec wheelbase. Support has been beyond useless and they're trying to get me to send it back instead of replace it via RMA and are now basically ignoring me. I assume since it's now out of stock.

If i can fix it I want to keep it.