BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• Played Forza Horizon 2 with Wheelbase 2 and CSL P1, my issue is when I make a turn, i feel the force of the curve pulling me outward...all of the sudden i feel somthing moving in the wheel and no more counterforce...its like pulling and letting go, pulling an letting go. its not consistent and very disturbing...

I didnt have that before with my CSR Wheel. Fanatec says its no defect its game settings - but which ? I have deadzone on 0 already...
  • with theese settings from this forum its great:

Forza 6 IN GAME (advanced settings)
    Deadzone Inside - all at 0
    Deadzone Outside - all at 100 (* this gives you full dynamic range of the pedals)
    Vibration - 60
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900

CSW Settings

SENS - Auto
    FFB - 25
    SHO - 40
    ABS - 40
    LIN - Off
    DEA - Off
    DRI - 1

• with theese settings from this forum its great:

Forza 6 IN GAME (advanced settings)
    Deadzone Inside - all at 0
    Deadzone Outside - all at 100 (* this gives you full dynamic range of the pedals)
    Vibration - 60
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900

CSW Settings

SENS - Auto
    FFB - 25
    SHO - 40
    ABS - 40
    LIN - Off
    DEA - Off
    DRI - 1

Thanks, I will try these out when I get home
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited December 2015

Thanks for the feedback. Looking for a bigger wheel than my f1 for gt cars.

Just ran Iracing Nürburgring csw v2 F1 wheel WOW. Both A.C. and iracing versions are great. But I prefer iracings clean cut graphics at speed. Maybe its my old eyes.

• @Matt Eseltine
    [The wheel has a significant amount of wobble if you take it and lift it a little bit after tightening the lock screw.  There is no wobble rotationally. The wobble does not seem to affect driving at all.  I have a service ticket submitted to Fanatec to see if the wobble is normal or if I have an issue to be resolved.]

I think I had the same problem, the wheel forcing it forward on the top it look like it was loose.
    I remove the wheel and tighten the screws near the data connection of the wheel. Now I have played more time than before that and the wheel is very solid. Don't know if that is a defect on the assembly but is very bad because after some play with got worst.
    thanks @Pedro and @Matt
    i have same problem. now its fine. i hope dont have it again
  • I had that problem again yesterday, after an increase in FFB in Forza 6 it happened again.
    I removed the wheel and tighten the screws again, I can't contact fanatec support right now because I don't have the SN with me.

In 1 week it happened two times, I must say I'm not happy with this.
  • Pedro, keep us updated, mine came loose, just tightened the first time. If they come loose again, I wonder if we might need another solution like locking washers if there is clearance or even locktite...
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello all,

The bolts came loose on me twice so far. Fanatec advised me to apply Loctite. It was advised to loosen one at a time then Loctite it. I have yet to do this because they have not come loose a third time (yet). The first time I tightened them it only took a couple of hours to come loose. I played for about three hours last night and they seemed to be fine.

Personally, I would like for Fanatec to come up with a better solution than having me Loctite the bolts myself but I also don't want to have to send the base in for repair/modification. For now I am going to see if the bolts come loose a third time then Loctite them.

This is my first experience with Fanatec Products. I am very happy so far. My T300RS would always lose Ffb after a couple of hours of racing due to overheating. I do not have this problem with the Fanatec. Also, the V3 Pedals are so much better than anything I have used previously. It took me a while to get them mounted and adjusted to my preferences but now they are awesome.
  • Hello all,

The bolts came loose on me twice so far. Fanatec advised me to apply Loctite. It was advised to loosen one at a time then Loctite it. I have yet to do this because they have not come loose a third time (yet). The first time I tightened them it only took a couple of hours to come loose. I played for about three hours last night and they seemed to be fine.

Personally, I would like for Fanatec to come up with a better solution than having me Loctite the bolts myself but I also don't want to have to send the base in for repair/modification. For now I am going to see if the bolts come loose a third time then Loctite them.

This is my first experience with Fanatec Products. I am very happy so far. My T300RS would always loose Ffb after a couple of hours of racing due to overheating. I do not have this problem with the Fanatec. Also, the V3 Pedals are so much better than anything I have used previously. It took me a while to get them mounted and adjusted to my preferences but now they are awesome.

• I'm gonna get some locktite to keep on hand. Much easier than sending it back, no big deal...
  • Did anyone have any problems loading the firmware and the PC driver?  I keep getting error code 2503 and 2502 in Win 8.1 64 bit, I am in admin and no virus protection on.  Thanks

• This video let me run it.
  • PCars next patch for Xbox One comes later this week. Will it get telemetry for 3rd party apps also? The overview I read seemed to say yes. But just wanted clarification. Thanks y'all
  • But it don't work with some android devices:

Important Notice to PS4 / XBox1 users with Android devices: Some android devices will not work with the new broadcast UDP stream interface. If you have one of these devices and you play Project CARS on PS4/XBox1 then you will not be able to use this or any other 3rd party companion app. This is a networking restriction imposed by the manufacturer of your Android device, it is outside the control of myself and Slightly Mad Studios. In the future I will likely develop a relaying application that can be run on a PC on the same network as your console which would capture the UDP stream and convert it into something that your Android device will accept, but that is currently not available yet. Project CARS PC users with one of these problematic android devices can use the Shared Memory interface via the pCars Transmitter which will work fine as it can use the direct address of your device instead of a broadcast. 

• But it don't work with some android devices:

Important Notice to PS4 / XBox1 users with Android devices: Some android devices will not work with the new broadcast UDP stream interface. If you have one of these devices and you play Project CARS on PS4/XBox1 then you will not be able to use this or any other 3rd party companion app. This is a networking restriction imposed by the manufacturer of your Android device, it is outside the control of myself and Slightly Mad Studios. In the future I will likely develop a relaying application that can be run on a PC on the same network as your console which would capture the UDP stream and convert it into something that your Android device will accept, but that is currently not available yet. Project CARS PC users with one of these problematic android devices can use the Shared Memory interface via the pCars Transmitter which will work fine as it can use the direct address of your device instead of a broadcast. 

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm a Apple guy. Hope we have good support.
  • If anyone knows what the name of the Apple telemetry app is I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along.
  • Pedro RamosPedro Ramos Member
    edited December 2015
    You can see that info in the site:

- pCars Dash - reported working on PS4 with Ipad 2 / Iphone 6 / Iphone 4, probably will work also with X1:

X1 update 7.0 relased estimated for today

• You can see that info in the site:

- pCars Dash - reported working on PS4 with Ipad 2 / Iphone 6 / Iphone 4, probably will work also with X1:

X1 update 7.0 relased estimated for today

Hey Pedro,

Thanks my friend. I appreciate the info.

Keep it off the wall
  • I can confirm that PCars Dash works with Galaxy Tab S and PS4.
  • Don't know in what section to asks this, but could anyone tell me if the PCars dash will work with Forza 6 for the telemetry ?
  • Guys this is a dumb question but can this new 139 wheel rim be used without purchasing the hub? Is there any downside to doing this for Xbox one users?

Thanks, and I'd love some more reviews

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited December 2015
    Guys this is a dumb question but can this new 139 wheel rim be used without purchasing the hub? Is there any downside to doing this for Xbox one users?

Thanks, and I'd love some more reviews

The CSL P1 is a complete wheel. Not a rim. Meaning, you don't need the hub. It's a complete package similar to the Porshe and BMW. The quick release is different but functions the same way. So, this will work for your Xbox 1 right outta the box. Now go and order it ASAP. :)>-
  • Thanks!

Any chance you can turn the led indicator area completely off while driving? 

I'm kinda praying for another sale, I wish I'd gotten the  black friday sale as an email as I could have just spent the money then and made my families christmas presents suffer. Now I must wait until another month to see if its somehow possible.
  • This is outrageous, I ordered my wheel during the black Friday sale and I got a defective product. I understand that not a single product is free from manufacturing defects. What is absurd is that I sent the wheel for repair and it was sent back to me unrepaired. I sent the rim and base for repair by strictly following Fanatec’s RMA process to the letter. The technical issue is the same but accentuated!  

I found no note inside the package indicating what was done to fix the wheel.  The only thing I found was a sticky note attached to the Allen key and screw that come with the rim that said something like “use key to assemble with P1 Rim”. Obviously I used this said screw when I mounted the P1 rim from the beginning as instructed in the quick start guide.

Over a month has passed since I received this bundle for the first time. I emailed Fanatec the 29th and I still got no response. I hope somebody within Fanatec will take this issue seriously, I am tremendously disappointed.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hi, What exactly is the issue you are experiencing, perhaps we can all chip in and help you out :)
  • Hi, What exactly is the issue you are experiencing, perhaps we can all chip in and help you out :)

Basically there is a false contact in the data connector pins between the P1 rim and Clubsport base. At first, the rim connected with the base as long as no external force was added to the rim. After I got the system back from Fanatec’s repair shop , the issue has worsened, I have to push heavily the rim into the base to get connection, if I don’t, the rim/base do not connect at all. With or without the collar screw the issue persists. There is no visual damage in both male and female connectors.

Another day has passed and still no official response from Fanatec.

Hmm... Interesting... The P1 Rim is a very different beast compared to the other QR rims, so it does indeed require a bit of force (and of course finesse) to get it on correctly. I have to "push" my P1 on very firmly (more so than other rims) and then attach the screw accordingly (which must be tightened reasonable tight). Do you have a video or a picture? It's normal to have to "push" and dare I say, slightly force (of course carefully, directly, appropriately) the rim into position, carefully, correctly aligned without damaging the pins etc .. To get the rim on, my P1 does indeed require a push. If you have a pic or a video, I'd happily post a comparison of mine. If that's at all helpful in the mean time.
  • Off topic random thought...I don't Know why that person that i will call that "D'ude from hence forth gets product to review on his show...There is not 1 review of Fanatec products that gets a fair and honest review IMO...  plus his show is Heavily sponsored by TM... just seems to Me that the reviews seem a bitter Brush over  and doesn't really go in depth...Its always noted that the cost is More but its Never mentioned that you Do get the Quality you paid for... well that's my opinion... I Luv my Fanatec Gear!!! ...I dunno just my random Thought
    edited January 2016
    Do you mean Darren's show?

If so, I actually like his reviews, he's not scared to be honest and negative (and I see that as a huge positive as a consumer and manufacturer)

I actually thought he had a copy of my P1 Beta Test Results as I watched his P1 review because "every" "single" "issue" that he mentioned on the production unit, was actually something I had reported, tested and fed back on during testing :smile:

His review was almost a carbon copy of my last report, and I tested that rim thoroughly, so he must have used the product for some time, tested it, and then gave very candid/informative review to the users, and thats good to know as a buyer.

I think his reviews are "raw" and while that may come across negative in some respects, I think it's actually really quite informative and beneficial to all parties involved.

I agree with you about him staring price as a negative though, I don't hesitate to pay fanatecs prices and I actually think they are priced fairly. ... I have spent well over €5000 with fanatec now, and have an incredible line up of their products. The quality, design, and feel of each and every product is second to none, in this price range.

Could some aspects be improved, of course, but every iteration of a Fanatec product is a collection of innovation + user feedback and the results are incredible. I'm still amazed that my wheel works on PS3/PS4/XBO/PC all by pressing a button combo on my wheel! We are the ONLY wheel users in existence who have the capability to do this... Truly incredible!

The products are stunning, the team are genuinely passionate about what they produce and we have a great community too, that's value to money in my opinion :)
    Edit: Have we changed the forum guys, formatting is a mess, I'm having to manually add html breaks into my text :-/