How do I update firmware when using an Xbox?

Damn I feel stupid. Just bought and installed CSL Elite base, V1.1 and ClubSport V3 Pedal set, both of which need firmware updates, but I've searched all over the available Xbox menus and can't find how I can update the firmware. Keep in mind that on an Xbox, I can't type in an internet address. Any ideas? BTW, I don't have a PC at all. Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2020

You can't.

You need a Windows PC and install the latest driver 373 and then flash the firmware of the base and eventually from a steering wheel, the pedals don't need an update because there simply never was any update to them since they were released 5,5 years ago.

No other way to do it, if you don't have a pc, then you are literally screwed and you need to find someone with a pc where you can update your stuff.

• Thanks, Maurice. I guess I'm screwed. It would've been good to know before I dropped a $1G on this stuff.

• For example, when I peruse the product page and review the compatibility of a product that is Xbox compatible, it would be great if there were an asterisk or something that would indicate a PC is required in order to update the product in hand. As it is, a good deal of the functionality of my wheelbase and wheel are lost to me because I happen to be an Apple guy instead of a PC guy. Damnit! Don't tell my wife. She'll have me by my scrotum!

• If you are an apple guy and don't have any friend with a laptop to help you (you only need it for a couple of hours to upgrade the software), maybe you can try through the windows environment for Mac.

More over it is indicating that you need a PC in the product page.

• Good idea, Alexandros. I'll try it.