FNG with questions

So FNG intro, my name is Doug and I use to spend a great deal of my free time working on and racing my car in Super Stock with the NHRA. Now this quarantine has changed that and I dont really believe that is going to be getting back to any sense of normalcy any time soon. One positive thing that has come from this quarantine is that I got introduced to IRacing, never knew it existed but I am extremely impressed by it all. I would like to jump in with both feet and love the look of the Fanatec equipment but I have some questions.

Now this kinda comes from real racing where if I needed a part I could 95% time have in one or two days, does everything from Fanatec ship from Germany? If I order a full set up, how long is it going to take to get to Oregon in the US? I would have to imagine weeks. Do they have a warehouse in the US? Do they have salesmen I can talk to on the phone?

Thanks

Doug

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited March 2020

If you are in the US or Canada everything ships from California. Depending on the shipping method I would say to Oregon is only a couple of days max if in stock.

They do have an office in California however Sales support is usally directed from head office in Germany.

• Well that sounds good! Wish there some way to speak to a salesman there.

Next question is......... The website seems to push the CSL Elite wheel base when you use the Configure feature. I am kinda leaning towards the Club Sport wheel base, any reason for that? What is the opinion of the two?

Thanks

Doug

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

They are usually good at responding however with everything going on there could be a delay in responding. You can always post your questions here and we can help as much as possible.

It's a suggestion only and assumiong you are new to Fanatec. The CSW v2.5 is avery good base but it really depends on budget and your usage.

• Go direct drive and never look back. Its a whole different ball game and definitely worth the extra money if you have or plan to get a solid rig to bolt it to.